Assists in the creation and delivery of memorandums, organizational materials and announcements, events and other deliverables pertaining to organizational communications. Focuses on developing and delivering clear, concise and coordinated organizational messaging across multiple communications v ehicles and on fostering opportunities for dialogue between staff and leadership. Works across all communications platforms, including email, website, social media platforms and company intranet. Serves as project manager for assigned projects, ensuring quality and smooth production from start to finish of project. Assists unit lead in meeting all unit deliverables, including planning and budget assistance. Plans and coordinates meetings and events as needed.
Position is currently funded through September 30, 2019.
- Researches, writes, and edits a broad range of communications that promote the activities of the organization.
- Provides publicity and promotional support for special events and community outreach activities.
- Develops and implements communications and public relations strategies to promote and publicize a variety of departmental projects, services and programs.
- Prepares a variety of promotional and informational materials including articles, bulletins, websites, pamphlets and other related media material.
- Provides consultative review and editing to internal customer’s communications to ensure accuracy and clarity of message and tone.
- Applies understanding of business/organizational operations to improve material’s depth and relevance to target audience.
- Develops internal newsletters, memos, and intranet content for the company.
- Assists unit lead in meeting specific unit deliverables, including planning and budget assistance.
- Works closely with departments to keep abreast of company developments and trends within the organization.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Creative, innovative and detail- oriented.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects to meet short deadlines.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Photography and/or videography skills a plus.
- Problem Solving & Impact
- Works on problems that are moderately complex in scope and require judgment in resolving or making recommendations for solutions.
- Exercises judgment within defined policies and procedures to obtain solutions to perform duties.
- Decisions made generally affect own job or specific functional area.
- Supervision Given/Received:
- Has no supervisory responsibility. * Receives instructions on new assignments.
- Reports to a Manager, Associate Director or Director.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in English, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of writing, editing, and publications experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff. * Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands: Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used: Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.