United Nations Volunteers, Erbil, Iraq
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Head of UN-Habitat Iraq, and/or his/her designate, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support UN-Habitat Iraq’s senior management and programme managers in the day to day implementation of communications and visibility activities;
- Identify and develop storylines for publications and substantive articles to be published on the web and in other media;
- Provide advice on outreach activities with the press and other communications target groups;
- Work with UN-Habitat Iraq’s senior management and programme managers to prepare and maintain feature articles and communications materials for the UN-Habitat Iraq’s social media platforms and UN-Habitat’s global website to enhance visibility of UN-Habitat Iraq;
- Assist in organizing communication and outreach activities and events in liaison with UN-Habitat Iraq’s senior management, programme managers, field-based staff and government counterparts;
- Undertake periodic field visits to gather communication and outreach materials;
- Collaborate with mass media through activities such as organizing project site visits, facilitating photo coverage and TV footage and utilizing both web-based and traditional media as appropriate;
- Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials and share results and findings; and
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic design, public information, or other relevant field of studies is required
- Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience after receipt of the required academic qualification in the relevant field is required.
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written, is required.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge.