United Nations Volunteers, Turkmenistan
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the WHO Representative or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Communications Specialist will:
The purpose of this assignment is to support the WHO Country Office in communicating on relevant health issues, developments and findings; promoting the work of WHO at national level; and contributing to communications activities on delivering the European Programme of Work at country and regional levels.
Key duties include:
- To develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate an EPW communications action plan for the WHO Country Office.
- To plan and develop, with support from Country Office (CO) and RO (Regional Office) staff when necessary, communications messages and products on country work for public and professional groups (policy-makers and health professionals, media, web and social media audiences, and the public).
- To develop and deliver selected public health and health care campaigns (e.g. communicable and non-communicable diseases, vaccination, mental health, digital health, health care workers, health system developments, universal health coverage, the Sustainable Development Goals), including messages, written and multimedia materials, dissemination and follow-up.
- To contribute to Regional communications strategies and plans, and coordinate/ share information with the Regional communications team on key communications activities including capacity-building.
- To network, coordinate and manage the contacts of key communications counterparts among UN partners, authorities and communications outlets at national level.
- To ensure proper visibility and support to partner engagement initiatives and collaboration (including development partners and donors) through development and dissemination of relevant communications products.
- To provide support to CO/RO in managing resource partner engagement including assisting in proposal development and reporting.
- To support the WHO Representative on strategic external and internal communications.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
- Education - Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in a relevant area, social and political science, international relations, development studies, communications, public relations, journalism or social sciences.
- Required experience: 24 Months
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in communications, or other relevant programmes; experience with social media, web communications, resource mobilization, and media relations is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Russian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- German(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge