Communications Support Officer
International Union for Conservation of Nature, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Communications Support Officer – Digital will provide contribute to TRAFFIC’s organisational strategy by supporting the effective implementation of the communications strategy and programme deliverables. As part of the Communications Unit, the role will report to the Head of Communications however, close working with the Communications Support Manager will be paramount, as this role will be responsible for supporting the effective delivery of our International digital outputs and presence.
- This role will uphold TRAFFIC’s brand identity and values, provide creative digital design solutions, support communicators within the network and deliver outputs that influence and inspire change for our planet.
- Support the effort to update and maintain traffic.org website with timely, relevant and fresh content to drive engagement with the issues TRAFFIC works on in collaboration with the team
- Create compelling yet grounded content for all digital spaces
- Assist in the development of training e-courses using Articulate 360 in line with project deliverables to train vital groups, such as customs officials
- Act as the primary lead on social media by curating timely and informative posts using Hootsuite Pro
- Support the timely updating of our non-English language websites of traffic.org
- Build public conversation on selected topics via social media
- Support the introduction of dynamic elements to the website in line with organisational need and opportunities as they arise as directed
- Develop and maintain TRAFFIC International’s e-news / e-marketing as needed
- Provide graphic design support as needed to publish our suite of reports to a high standard
- Repurpose complex research into digestible visual content such as videos, animations and infographics to promote our latest research
- Deliver outputs that uphold and boost TRAFFIC’s core visual identity
- Aid in the development of new communications approaches and content to enhance reach to broader and increasingly diverse audiences
- Contribute to the effective delivery of the Communications Strategy and Organisational Strategy
- Provide advice and expertise on digital and design communications
- Work collaboratively and proactively with the immediate Communications Unit and other communicators and all colleagues within TRAFFIC’s network to maximise opportunities and impact.
- Develop public messaging from outputs relating to our conservation programme and provide support on copy editing when required.
- Actively supports the dissemination and adoption of new communications approaches and tools to the wider organisation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as social and mass communication, media, marketing, journalism, development communication.
- Strong experience with ArcGIS, Esri, and the Articulate 360 suite and proven experience with video production.
- Proven professional experience in the digital and design communications field
- Strong experience with publication layout and graphic design
- Fluency in English with excellent English writing skills with working knowledge of any other languages an advantage.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud, with particular fluency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop as well as Illustrator and Premiere Pro
- Knowledge of creating dynamic PDFs or similar interactive publication content
- Proficient using Hootsuite Pro or other social scheduling assistant
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- A high level of organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a broad variety of communications tools and platforms.