Community Communication Assistant
UNV , Quito, Ecuador
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Protection Officer / Communication Assistant, the UNV Community Communication Assistant shall:
- Support the Public Information and Community Protection Units to develop communication strategies with communities in Ecuador, especially focused on youth.
- Support the Public Information and Community-Based Protection Units in the preparation of messages and communication materials aimed at refugees (to be distributed via SMS, WhatsApp, brochures, websites).
- Under the supervision of the Public Information and Community Protection Units, coordinate and direct the meetings within the framework of the Dale Play project.
- Under the supervision of the PI and CBP Units, manage the Dale Play account on YouTube and Instagram (includes the production and editing of material for these accounts).
- Support the participation of young refugees and migrants in the development of communication messages.
- Monitor the information and protection needs of young refugees and migrants through social networks and communication channels.
- Any other related task that is required or assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications / Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education - Additional Comments:
Knowledge in the field of communications
- 24 Months Experience remark:
- At least 2 years of professional experience (national or international) in the field of communications and / or programs / organizations of the youth community.
- Experience in social media management, basic design skills and video editing will be an asset.
- Spanish (Mandatory), Level - Fluent.