United Nations Development Programme, Albania
Closing Date for Applications:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Community coordinator will ensure field presence and support the implementation of the action components under the direct supervision of the Programme manager. He/she will be responsible for the coordination of community led local consultations on the interventions in each of beneficiary’s municipalities. He/she will be responsible for supporting mobilisation and empowerment of the target group at the local level.
Description of Tasks and Responsibilities
The incumbent is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Identification through citizens participatory process and intensive consultation with local authorities and representatives of the other stakeholders, of measures, which UNDP could undertake as a part of the EU4Schools action to address relevant needs;
- Organization of stakeholder consultation meetings to communicate the action objectives;
- Support to the local authorities in maintaining stakeholder dialogue in an open and transparent manner;
- Coordinate the collection and interpretation of data in social and communication related areas, community profiling or community mapping as deemed necessary and make them available to the Action team in order to ensure integration into the action components;
- Preparation of local community awareness and locally based information with the purpose of monitoring local stakeholders’ level of participation and information;
- Support the technical teams in the development of technical documentation for various tendering process by providing the required inputs.
- Prepare reports regarding the community engagement during the consultation process;
- Engage in project monitoring activities and ensure inclusion of stakeholders perspective in monitoring reports.
- Provide inputs to contribute to the conceptualization of visibility activities and ensure inclusion of all relevant stakeholders.
- Any other activities and assistance which may be required for the timely implementation of the Action activities.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Sensitivity to cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age differences.
- Act as a team player while also taking individual initiative to complete outlined tasks;
- Sharing knowledge - across the action in particular and the organization in general -through supporting the building of a culture of knowledge sharing and learning;
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, composing, presentation) and ability to share expertise for capacity building;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to pose questions, listen, evaluate and capture opinions, suggestions and comments, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match different stakeholders.
- Political and cultural sensitivity and commitment to UNDP’s development objectives in the country;
- In-depth practical knowledge of inter-disciplinary development issues;
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices;
- Ability to manage competing demands and meet deadlines;
- Proven networking, teambuilding, organizational and communication skills.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in social science or related fields of study;
- At least 5 years of relevant ‘experience in working with community/grassroots initiative
- Previous experience/familiarity with community engagement in local level is an advantage
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems is an advantage.
- Previous experience/familiarity with UNDP and/or other UN agencies is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Albanian is required