Community Development Associate
Voluntary Service Overseas, Pakistan
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The position is under the Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) Project, this is 5 years USAID funded project to “ promote women’s social and economic empowerment through safe and dignified access to livelihoods opportunities, information, resources and services in KP Province. Targeted districts are Kurram, Hangu,Malakand and Bajur. As a member of the project team, the Community Development Associate will be responsible for managing community mobilization, coordination and implementation of project activities. S/he will be providing training, coaching, and support to community groups for smooth excuetion of project activities.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in social sciences.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in community development projects; at least 2 year of experience working on community-level social issues for an NGO.
- Working experience of donor funded projects preferably USAID
- Experience facilitating community based activates. fully understand the needs of community. Experience engaging with local partner organizations strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate for this role should possess excellent networking abilities, good people skills, exceptional communication skills, and time management skills
- Fluency in urdu and Local language (Pushto)
- Problem solving and organizational skills
- In depth knowledge of the issues of the community
- Willing to work in remote areas of the targeted districts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural tolerance
- Willingness to perform any other duty as required