Community Development Facilitator
World Vision, Lesotho
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To improve the good relationship between the child and family of the child with the sponsor, and to enhance the good performance of the AP in the management of child and project information.
- Processes correspondences from the children to the sponsors, which are Christmas cards, Annual Progress Reports (APR) and other correspondences when applicable.
- Recruit and Update Registered Children (RC) and update information in the files and Sponsorship Single User Interface (SSUI).
- Process Sponsorship 2.0 products within standard.
- Ensure that monitoring of CWB is observed for all RC within the set sponsorship standards using Transformed Field Environment (TFE) and Provide a follow up plan and report on missing children and Ensure that each Registered Child is visited at home once every 90 days quarter.
- Implement Christian Commitment activities in the AP namely: Spiritual nurturing of children, Strengthening church Partnerships
- Process requests from the sponsors to the children.
- Run TFE reports and prepare narrative monthly report to the supervisor.
- Process Gift Notification and provide report thereof.
- Ensure RC participation and regularly update the data in the system (TFE)
- Facilitate Child Protection and Advocacy activities in your area of operation/Centre/Electoral Division (ED).
- Monitor development activities in your area of operation/center/.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum of a COSC or LGCSE qualification with a pass in English (A good diploma will be an added advantage
- Must be computer literate i.e. of Microsoft packages (MS word, excel and power point)
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working in the rural context implementing community programs mainly focusing on children
- Must have community involvement including interaction with children
- Must have volunteered in sponsorship work
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good Communication skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services
- Perform other duties as required