Community Development Worker
World Vision, Swaziland
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To facilitate and monitor community development initiatives in close collaboration with ADP core team and other relevant stakeholders for
the benefit of children in the program and ensure that operations are effective and sustainable.
- Attend and participate in project meetings and reviews so as to share lessons learnt and strengthen implementation
- Liaise with Project Facilitators to implement development initiatives while ensuring full participation of Children, and produce periodic reports to update sponsors on achievements and challenges faced
- Process and analyze annual special mailings (APRs, CCs, Spontaneous letters), and sponsors/child correspondences (Sponsor letters, ILs, GNs) and queries so as to ensure quality and strengthen the relationship between children and their sponsors
- Facilitate spiritual nurturing for all children in collaboration with other Christian partners in the community
- Liaise with relevant community based organizations to ensure that all children have access to basic services like health, education and registration of births.
- Enforce child protection policy for all children together with other stakeholders in the community
Participate in SIP initiatives
- Monitor all registered children using updated child monitoring forms to identify needs of children
- Facilitate relevant trainings on projects under implementation in working with CBOs in the community and ensure demographic statistics is available.
- Process new recruits, quality digital photos, annual updates, file and manage child information and variance to adhere to Sponsorship standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
- O’leve/IGCSE Certificate with 3 credits
- A certificate from a recognized college can be an added advantage
- Have experience working with children
- Practicing Christian
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
Travel: Domestic travel is required.