Inter Aide is a French NGO specializing in the implementation of development programs with particularly poor families. The fields of action, since its creation in 1980, have been access to water, hygiene and sanitation, agriculture, health and educational support. These programs are set up in rural areas, particularly isolated, combining high intensity of needs and high population density, and where the context is sufficiently stable to develop actions oriented towards the autonomy of the populations in the long term. It is now active in 7 countries: Mozambique, Malawi, Republic of Guinea, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Sierra Leone and Haiti. The involvement and empowerment of beneficiaries form the basis of our approach.
Since 2017, Inter Aide has embarked on a prospecting process in Guinea Conakry, in order to measure the level of need in different regions of the country, in particular in rural areas and in the WASH (water, hygiene and sanitation) and health themes. community, and assess the intervention potential for Inter Aide. In this context, two missions were carried out in June 2017 and June 2018. Following the favorable conclusions of these preliminary steps, Inter Aide launched a WASH project at the end of 2019 and is now considering the opening of a community health project.
Inter Aide is therefore looking for an experienced person to start this new community health program.
The objective of the project will be to improve the health of children and women in the targeted area, by combating the major risks and diseases that affect them (main communicable diseases, malnutrition, factors related to maternal and / or reproductive health , etc.). The program will be structured around the following two axes:
Sensitization / training of rural communities in preventive practices and early attitudes to adopt;
Support for local public health services to improve access and quality of care for rural communities (diagnosis, support and treatment), including the establishment of local health workers.
MISSION OF THE RESPONSIBLE
The Health Program Manager will be based in Kankan (regional capital of around 470,000 inhabitants) and will travel frequently to Conakry on the one hand, and in the intervention area on the other hand (Kankan region). ). He / she will have for main missions:
- Carry out the administrative and logistical procedures related to the start-up of Inter Aide in the country and in the region (initially these procedures will represent an important part of the mission);
- To refine, following the two preliminary prospecting missions carried out, the definition of the health problems affecting children and women in the targeted region, at the community level and in the healthcare system;
- Define precisely a project strategy (objectives, scale, themes, activities, monitoring-evaluation) and an intervention area, then start its implementation.
His responsibilities will include, among others:
- The conduct of the administrative procedures necessary for the launch of activity by Inter Aide in Guinea, at the national (Conakry) and regional (Kankan) level, in particular the registration of the NGO;
- The pursuit of the identification of needs, in particular through quantitative and qualitative surveys in health (definition of protocols, training and management of interviewers, data analysis) as well as the collection of existing external data (preliminary studies, data from the health, etc.);
- The selection of the precise area of intervention of the project, taking into account an inventory of actions and initiatives underway or planned in the area (local or international NGOs, other organizations, significant funding from the health sector, etc.) ;
- The definition of the strategy to be put in place, as well as the assessment of the feasibility and relevance of this strategy in the context studied (identification of constraints and possible blocking points for the implementation of actions);
- The establishment and formalization of the necessary partnerships with the appropriate government services, at the national, regional and prefectural level (in particular the Ministry of Health, the Regional Directorate of Health and the Prefectural Directorate of Health);
- Recruitment of the program team to allow effective launch of actions, then training and supervision of this team (10-20 people);
- The logistical and material implementation of the project (office, means of transport, equipment, etc.) then its follow-up;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program once the actions have started;
- Drafting of regular operational and financial reports to the Head of Sector and the Administrative-Finance Manager based in France;
- Collaboration and coordination of actions with the person in charge of the WASH program who in parallel will launch the second project in the same region;
- Capitalization on acquired experience.