Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Educate for Life are recruiting a Community Health Programme Manager
We are looking for a grassroots leader, to set up a model community health worker programme and transform the lives of 10,000 rural Adivasi community children and community members
Full role profile & application process: Educate for Life an International NGO in partnership with local NGO RBKSin creating a model community development project to:
About the project:
We work with one of the most deprived indigenous Adivasi communities in Northwest India (female literacy 12.4%, 61% of children malnourished, 150.6 per 1000 under-5 mortality) and are demonstrating that outstanding outcomes (75% As &Bs in board exams, 100% re-enrolment beyond 8th class, 70% skilled delivery) can be achieved in these settings with relatively simple inputs.
Our health programme follows the Community Health Worker model and National Health Mission’s framework of interventions, but endeavours to address implementation failures and to engage with important areas of health neglected by the health mission (e.g. early childhood development).
By integrating health with educational activities through the renowned and innovative Hunar Ghar School, the project aims to demonstrate the transformative potential of well designed and holistic interventions for India’s poorest communities.
About the role:
The Community Health Programme Manager is the most senior team member and is in charge of implementation of all health-related aspects of the project. You will primarily be working directly with a community health worker team to oversee implementation of the project in Mandwa Panchayat, Kotra Tehsil, Udaipur District.
You would also be expected to work closely with:
1. The project’s Administrative Manager, School Administrative Manager and School Leads locally
2. Dr Akshay Patel (a UK based paediatrician and Educate for Life Trustee) and Mr Edward Forrest (CEO of Educate for Life) remotely via email, phone and skype.
3. Partners including the local PHC team, District Chief Medical & Health Officer, local medical training colleges and the Global Hospital and Research Centre.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
1. Managing the current programme followed by the organisation. This includes antenatal care, new born and infant care, school aged children’s health and a fortnightly mobile health clinic.
2. Building and supervising a high quality team of Community Health Workers- our team is currently understaffed, and you would oversee expansion of the team with highly motivated Community Health Workers, ANMs and GNMs.
3. Managing relationships with key partners including the PHC team, CMHO and Global Hospital.
4. Expanding the package of interventions provided to include interventions which promote language development in early childhood and sexual and reproductive health from adolescence.
5. Expanding the scale of activities to include all children and families in the Panchayat.
6. Demonstrating impact through rigorous data collection, analysis and dissemination.
Job title: Community Health Programme Manager
Location: Hunar Ghar, Bakhel, Udaipur, Rajasthan
Salary: Rs 23,000 – 28,000 per month pro rata plus phone, internet, travel, board and lodging, depending on skill and experience
Term: Full-time. 9am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday
Leave: 36 days in a year
Start date: Within 1 month of offer.
For more information and to apply pleased visit:Full role profile & application process
Applications are considered on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply within a week of reading this advert to avoid disappointment.