Community Management Intern
United Nations Development Programme, Istanbul, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties that the intern will be expected to carry out are:
- Support the building and growth of the vibrant SDG AI Lab developer community.
- Facilitate and moderate discussion groups in our community space and keep them lively and relevant.
- Provide support in the recruitment of new community members and their onboarding/offboarding processes.
- Respond to requests and emails from community members.
- Assist the development of the community activities plan, events’ concept notes and other community management documents.
- Contribute to the organization and facilitation of community events such as hackathons, workshops, trainings, meetups and others.
- Participate in the production of communication materials covering the community and its activities in the form of the blog posts, articles, tweets and others.
- Actively engage into the development of the community engagement measurement methodology and assist the assessment process by gathering feedback on volunteers’ motivations, needs and satisfaction.
- Contribute to the developer community branding and communications strategies developments.
- Assist in identifying new partnership opportunities towards building stronger community.
- Other relevant tasks as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Preferred educational background in computer science, engineering, statistics, economics, finance, business administration, international relations, public administration or related areas;
- Student enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Fluent in English with excellent reading and writing skills.