European Green Party, Brussels, Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
The community manager will be responsible for growing and nurturing our digital communities, keeping track of conversations happening online (both on our own social media channels and beyond) and identifying opportunities for engagement.
- Defining community management goals and building a strategy that will help achieve them.
- Finding new people to engage with our party online, organising them into groups, and fostering a sense of community, trust and loyalty.
- Conceptualising accessible, relatable and platform-specific content to target and communicate with our online communities.
- Recruiting, training, and managing a network of volunteers who will moderate engagement on our social media channels and enforce community guidelines.
- Compiling an encyclopedia of digestible Green policy positions to address FAQs on our digital channels.
- Newsjacking - jumping onto breaking news stories and trends to add our voice to the conversation and get us noticed.
- Monitoring engagement metrics and reporting learnings and insights back to the team.
- Monitoring how people are engaging with other EU political actors on social media.
- Native or near-native level of English.
- Good grasp of Green, European and global politics with strong political sensitivity.
- Excellent knowledge of social media channels and where different online communities can be found.
- Fluency in emojis, memes, GIFs and pop culture references.
- Great people-skills and a can-do attitude that will motivate and enthuse our online communities.
- A news junkie who knows where to look for breaking news and trends.
- Excellent listening skills to collect feedback from our community.
- Ability to take quick decisions with sound judgment under pressure.
- A “calm in an emergency” type of person.
- The organisational ability to manage multiple projects, often on tight deadlines.
- Adherence to Green party values.
- Not obligatory but would be considered an asset:
- A graduate of a Communications/Marketing/European Studies/Political Science degree.
- Previous work experience as a community manager.
- Previous work experience within a political organisation, an international institution, a NGO or a campaign organisation focused on EU politics.