Community Mobiliser's Coordinator
CTG Global , Somalia
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Overview of CTG:
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Our client has been requested by the EU to provide support by filling in the identified gaps with flexible tools & mechanisms by establishing a Partnership Coordination Facility for Somalia. Coordinated efforts are essential in order to transform Somalia into a more resilient economy with greater security, gender equity, improved human development, stronger infrastructure & better access to basic services that are delivered by accountable govt. institutions.
- One of the objectives of the project is to contribute to strengthening the resilience of Somali communities to cope with, adapt & recover from recurrent shocks. In addition, to improve resilience & livelihoods to enhance youth employment for rural communities & urban households in Somalia. In a context of predictable & protracted natural disasters & humanitarian crises, such positive transformation, which strengthens the ability of current & future generations to meet their needs & withstand crises, requires bridging the gap between emergency & rehabilitation.
- To support & supervise the overall COVID-19 outreach campaign.
- Creation of community awareness through holdings of community sessions & meetings to educate people of COVID-19.
- Collaborate with Health Adviser & other health authorities & communities in the awareness creation.
- Support the implementation & map out the locations most in need of information on COVID-19 awareness.
- Coordinate & network all the activities pertaining COVID-19 awareness activities in close collaboration with the other consultants.
- Provide written & concise reports for all the community outreach activities.
- Monitor & analyse the trends in the communities on how they received the information provided to them on COVID-19.
- Provide monthly reports to the Public Outreach Coordinator on all activities undertaken & its outcomes.
- Perform any other tasks as required by Line Manager or Technical Manager.
- Facilitate the identification & set up of the locations, including the logistical aspects for the same.
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Africa (essential).
Education, technical skills & experience:
- Degree in Health Education, Communications, Public Relations or related field in Humanities from a recognised institution.
- At least 1 year of experience & trained in the area of social mobilisation.
- Experience in social mobilisation, community organising, within similar fields in the Somali region.
- Excellent communication / facilitation skills.
- Understanding of gender equality & inclusion.
- Ability to access & analyse social dimension to adapt according to the context.
- Ability to classify & manage priorities.
- High autonomous is required.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision & direction.
- Capable of working with others in a participatory & capacity building manner.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.