The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the program office requires support to assist USAID/South Sudan to effectively monitor, evaluate, and relay information about funded interventions. The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, activity mapping, and performance information management and dissemination activities. Various duty station include Aweil, Torit, Wau, Yambio, Rumbek, Yei and Bor.
The Community Monitor will collect data on both qualitative and quantitative indicators and ensures proper processing and reporting of the collected information. The Community Monitor further provides the monitoring of activities through regular field visits and regular communication with the MESP TPM field monitor.
- Work with USAID/South Sudan Implementing Partners to locate, identify, and mobilize primary and intermediate beneficiaries for RTPM interviews.
- In coordination with Juba RTPM staff, arrange telephone interviews with beneficiaries and IP staff.
- Conduct frequent field visits to IP activity sites to verify activity implementation.
- Conduct focus group discussions and in-person interviews with beneficiaries in areas with a limited telephone network.
- Ensure social distancing and do no harm principles are always observed when collecting data.
- Ensure that all TPM data is collected in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the collected data are handled following USAID data protection principles.
- Respond to any other requests for information from the RTPM Field Monitor.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the RTPM Field Monitor.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, political science, agriculture, computer science, or related field required.
- A minimum three years of relevant experience.
- Professional experience in a field relevant to the position in a comparable position, preferably with an (international) NGO or international development organization
- Recent experience using technological data collection innovations such as tablets, smartphones, Fulcrum, etc.
- Familiarity with the use of tablets and mobile data collection apps.
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability.