Compensation & Benefits Manager
European Climate Foundation, Brussels, Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 357 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
About the role
As Compensation & Benefits Manager, you are the trusted expert in all matters related to employee reward in the broad sense. You are a key player in realising ECF's HR strategy. You will ensure quality, efficiency, and compliance with relevant legislation in eight European countries where the ECF employs staff. Reporting to the HR Director, you will be part of the our very motivated HR team to help deliver a great service to a great organisation.
- Managing the total compensation value chain: Grading, benchmarking, payroll, benefit and insurance management, tax and labour law, policies and compliance;
- Developing, implementing and running a flexible benefit approach in all ECF locations aligned with country specifics while optimising employer cost;
- Managing projects within the Compensation & Benefits scope, including managing external service providers and expert consultants. Active participation to other HR projects in areas such as process management, reporting, HRIS…;
- Supervision of and collaboration with direct report in charge of payroll;
- Ensuring compliance of daily compensation, benefits and payroll practices with local legislations, assisting to audits and point of contact for local authorities, finance & legal teams;
- Coordinating the salary review process;
- Acting as an Ambassador of the ECF Values;
- Strong interest in climate and the environment;
- Master’s degree in HR management, law or similar.
- At least 8 years’ experience in a similar role in an international organisation of which at least 3 years working on payroll, compensation & benefits;
- Knowledge of tax and labour law in Belgium, France, UK, the Netherlands, Germany is a plus.
- Previous management experience is preferred;
- Strategic agile leader, with the ability to follow through with smart and adaptive implementation plans. Adapts well to changing priorities;
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills, enjoys working with a multitude of stakeholders;
- Impeccable work ethics;
- Innovative and forward-thinking, strong digital focus;
- Excellent command of English (both spoken and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Dutch is a plus;