FHI 360, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
The Initiative for Hygiene, Sanitation, and Nutrition (IHSAN) is a five-year project whose goal is to assisting the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA), civil society organizations (CSOs), and the private sector to carry out and scale up evidence-based nutrition and water, hygiene, and sanitation (WASH) interventions that will improve the nutritional status of women and children less than five years old. Specific project objectives include enhancing capacity to institutionalize nutrition programs, increasing adoption of optimal nutrition and hygiene behaviors at community and household levels; and increasing availability of nutrition, hygiene, and sanitation services and products increased. The project will focus on the 10 provinces with poorest nutritional indicators based on the 2014 national nutrition assessment. Recognizing that significant variations in health situations exist between districts and sub-districts in each province, we will promote improved nutrient intake and awareness and improved sanitation and hygiene practices by working with provincial health authorities and communities to strive toward improved coverage in priority areas.
Job summary / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting global compliance standards and procedures.
- Assists in researching, reviewing and assessing broad compliance issues and specific engagements.
- Assist with internal investigations regarding allegations of fraud, waste, or abuse with projects and operations. Supports the Office of Compliance and Internal Audit functions.
- Assists in performance of process and function compliance reviews in accordance with the internal methodology.
- Assists with planning, reporting and follow-up related to these reviews.
- Participates in interviews, process walkthroughs, and document processes for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
- Assists in developing recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
- Provides quality control, and editing of internal and external documents, brochures, reports and presentations.
- Assists with research, reviews, and assessments of broad compliance issues and specific engagements.
- Assist with internal investigations, allegations of fraud, waste or abuse with company projects and operations.
- Prepares materials for meetings, gathers information and analysis for risk assessments and compliance review planning process.
- Other duties as assigned by the Compliance Manager.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Familiar with general principles in conducting internal process review or internal compliance engagement.
- Good understanding of USAID rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office programs and other technical programs and applies these technologies to meet work needs.
- Good understanding of risk and control needs/requirements of international nonprofit
- development entities.
- Ability to gather, analyzes, and synthesizes information from many sources.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and well with others.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Business Administration or Related Field.
- 3 years of experience in ethics and compliance, contracts, internal audit, finance or related field.
- Compliance Certification or other related certifications (i.e., CIA; CPA; CFE) preferred, but not required.
- Experience in performing activities associated with ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization preferred.