Options, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
We are seeking a compliance officer to provide guidance relating to due diligence, compliance and monitoring of a range of corporate and compliance records.
The main responsibilities include the provision of compliance advice, monitoring and management of records relating to:
Policies and training
- Ensure legal and compliance policies and guidance are kept up-to-date and are widely available to all staff globally, and assist with writing and delivering of training, provide guidance on policies.
- Support the Head of Legal Affairs on areas of donor compliance.
- Monitor the organisation’s compliance with a range of laws and policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain all applicable registers and records including staff training and corporate records for Options and its subsidiaries and branches.
Due diligence and support
- Maintenance of and provision of support for the due diligence process for partners and suppliers including recommending and rolling out improvements to the Due Diligence Policy.
- Manage and provide support for the due diligence process with external and internal stakeholders.
- Provide efficient and high quality support to the Head of Legal Affairs on a range of ad hoc legal and compliance issues.
- Law degree or equivalent level legal qualification (English Law) such as CILEx.
- Significant experience in legal and compliance in similar organisations, large international non-government organisations (INGOs) or in a relevant government department.
- Experience of providing compliance advice.
- Excellent in writing skills and the ability to translate complex material into clear and concise materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across cultures.
- Proficient computer literacy.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Overseas candidates require a valid UK work permit.