The purpose of the position is to ensure that the SME support program is being implemented in compliance with World Vision global standards, best practices and audit regulations. The SCRC will also support the program manager in reporting, budget management, proposal writing and staff capacity building.
Compliance, Reporting and Documentation
- Lead on all reporting and act as the accountable person and main focal point for the program in terms of reporting: (i) Establish a mechanism which will enable rapid and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly internal and external reports. (ii) Liaise with other departments (Finance, M&E, PDQ) in order to obtain their inputs on the reports, (iii) Ensure Reports are compliant with the approved templates and linked to all supporting documents and audit ready. (iv) Ensure that all reports are being shared on time with the relevant stakeholders, (v) Regular coordination with GAM and the donor for any updates related to reporting requirements
- Compile and analyse project information in order to complete a full programmatic reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Review and verify SMEs documentation to ensure selected SMEs’ compliance with the program’s requirements
- Develops and ensures MoUs and/or Partnership agreements are established with SMEs and other relevant stakeholders
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in order to obtain timely and accurate supporting documents which will enable reconciliation and reporting
- Establish a clear, chronological and secure hard and soft copy record filing system. Ensure compliance with the filing system across with WVL requirements.
- In close coordination with budget holder, ensure adequate financial control mechanisms are adhered to. Actively supports in the budget vs actual review process on a monthly basis. Establish a clear procurement and financial expenditure tracking system at the portfolio level;
- Collect the monthly cash requests from budget holder and ensure their accuracy and reliability
- Ensure program information is accurate, partnerships are compliant to WVL regulations, reporting is accurate and documentation is accessible.
- Review WV and donor standards and determine the financial and programmatic risk levels
- Develop a clear long term sustainable strategy for managing the identified risks, in clear compliance with WV global standards and previous audit recommendations
- Conduct review of proposal package to ensure compliance and consistency from an operational view
- Support the Program Manager in the preparation of any budget proposal or budget redesign.
- Ensure the standardization of processes and SOPs across different areas.
- Imbed risk management strategies within the process flows and SOPs per grant. Ensure clear control mechanism are in place to adhere to the risk management plan; support the project in the establishment of the SoPs and bring an external eye review.
- Work Closely with Program Manager and Technical Specialist in identifying and setting relevant SME, consultants, experts and training providers selection criteria.
- Act as a focal point for the program for any external/internal audit mission by leading audit prep spot-checks and ensure projects operate in line with the established control mechanisms and SOPs,
- Assess the risk level of all SME support upcoming projects at the project design stage. Participate in the design process identifying and suggesting mechanism of minimizing risk.
- Ensure the program is closed out in line with WV global standards. Obtain all necessary sign off before project closure;
- Review supporting documents provided by local partners as a means of verification for service delivery;
- Identify and manage programmatic and financial risks
Support in team and capacity building
- Provide leadership to the team by mentoring, coaching, and provision of in-house or external training staff to ensure efficiency and high quality deliverables.
- Establish and maintain a clear communication system with staff which allows for regular: a) progress tracking; b) task assignment; c)problem solving; d) on-the-job capacity building;
- Provide capacity building to all relevant staff to ensure:
- Accurate budget and spending management,
- Compliance with auditing process and regulations,
- Compliance with reporting and recording standards,
- Financial accounting , compliance and reconciliation process ; memo and notes for the files preparation
- Budget modelling and review
- Act as OIC when Program Manager is on leave (This imply financial authority and decision – in consultation with DoD when deem necessary-)
- Improve the Performance and Build the capacity of program staff
Ensure Do No-Harm approach in SME support program
- Work in compliance with WVI Sector theme Do, Don’t Do Framework
- Support Technical Specialist in identification of risks and monitoring of risk matrix and mitigation plans.
- Report CP incidents as per the safeguarding policy guidelines.
- Ensure program is compliant to WVs policies and regulations.
Perform other duties as required
- In coordination with Program Manager and Technical specialist, attend sector meetings and any other meetings with donors or external parties
- Attend trainings locally and internationally.
- Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture and other organizational events.
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Report CP incidents as per the safeguarding policy guidelines
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- At least 4 years relevant experience working in livelihood or economic development projects in international or local NGO.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor degree in Economic, Business, Agriculture, international development or other related fields,
- Fluent in Microsoft office (Power points/Excel/Word….)