Comprehensive Project Monitoring Officer
Save the children, Bogota, Colombia
Closing Date for Applications:
This position will have contact with children, adolescents and young people either frequently (one or more times a week) or intensely (four days in a month or more) during visits to projects in the country.
We need to maintain secure screening processes, which include rigorous background checks, reflecting our commitment to protecting children from abuse.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Perform periodic comprehensive monitoring and support of projects assigned by the Program Implementation Directorate in coordination with field managers and other budget managers (Budget Holders), and in permanent articulation with the supply chain, financial planning and human talent areas , to achieve timely adjustments in execution based on the projections made and the alerts generated from this monitoring.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Accompaniment to field managers and other Budget Holders through weekly monitoring of the activities established based on the implementation plans, procurement plans and the monthly projection of the expenditure (forecast) defined for each project.
- Regular analysis of information and raising of timely alerts regarding the execution of activities, CAM, payroll, providing joint recommendations with field managers, Budget Holders and program management.
- Assistance to Budget Holders, in the preparation of adjustments to be sent to Financial Planning for approval and subsequent referral to AMS, based on the original budget approved by donors and the forecast.
- Analysis derived from the application of program monitoring tools: SUI (Unified Monitoring of Implementation) and SEP (Monitoring of Programmatic Execution) on a monthly basis, in coordination with the areas of Monitoring and Evaluation, Financial Planning, and Chain of Supplies
- Lead monthly monitoring meetings of projects assigned to the area of implementation of programs and others, presenting, according to the agenda and monitoring points of previous meetings, the progress, bottlenecks and alternatives found for the adjustment in the execution of each project. It includes participation in the analysis of financial information together with the financial planning area, the purchasing plan with the supply chain and matters pertaining to human talent, with the respective management.
- Contributions in feedback meetings with the Financial Management based on the follow-up exercises for analysis of variations in the monthly execution of open projects (SOF) and exchange differences compared to the Agresso rate.
- Contribution of periodic follow-up meetings with the supply chain team to carry out analysis and review of procurement plans.
- Contribution in meetings to analyze the most emblematic cases in relation to the fulfillment of the KPIs with the Directorates of Finance, Emergencies and Program Implementation.
- Participate and contribute in the financial planning meetings for the Forecast and Master Budget exercises of the Organization.
- Delivery of projections for Forecast and MB of the projects assigned to the Directorate of Program Implementation based on the exercises carried out with the respective BH.
- Participate in obtaining thematic projection data for the annual forecast provided by the organization in March, June and annual Master Budget
- Professional in science, social, business administration / economics, finance and / or related sciences.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experience of no less than 3 years in related areas.
- Experience in implementation, project operation.
- Knowledge and experience in technical, administrative and financial procedures of international cooperation.
- Experience in working with financial donation management systems.
- Work experience with national and / or international development non-governmental organizations.
- Knowledge in the administration of cooperation agreements with the state (ICBF; APC, Secretary of Social Integration), and / or with private sector companies.
- Experience in accompanying partner organizations in administrative and financial matters.
- Experience in reviewing reports under the standards of different donors.
- Experience in the use of cost allocation methods for social projects.
- Knowledge and experience in financial planning and budget monitoring of grants.
- Good understanding of English.
- Management of dynamic tables / databases.
- Ability in teamwork.
- Initiative to propose new ideas, creative thinking and analysis.
- Good judgment and ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks in an environment of constant change.
- High level of commitment to Save the Children's values.