UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfilling their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a better future
UNICEF works to ensure the rights of all children in the East Asia and Pacific Region. This means the rights of every child living in this country, irrespective of their nationality, gender, religion or ethnicity, to:
- survival– to basic healthcare, peace and security;
- development– to a good education, a loving home and adequate nutrition;
- protection– from abuse, neglect, trafficking, child labour and other forms of exploitation; and
- participation – to express opinions, be listened to and take part in making any decisions that affect them
How can you make a difference?
The Child Protection Section, UNICEF Thailand Country Office (TCO) is seeking an individual consultant to develop the National Action Plan and Roadmap on Alternative Care.
Develop the National Plan of Action and Roadmap on Alternative Care
The development of the National Plan of Action and Roadmap will draw on information gathered from review and analysis of the following:
- Desk Review
- Review (20 years) National Strategy, Ministry of Social Development and Human Security (MSDHS) direction on Alternative Care, MSDHS five-year strategy, and National Child Protection Strategy
- Existing alternative care related law and policies
- Tracking Tool Report
- Proposed draft Alternative care Strategy by the Convention on the Rights of the Child Coalition for Thailand – Alternative Care Working Group (CRCCT – AC WG)
- Interview and Focus group discussion with key stakeholders drawn from the Department of Children and Youth (DCY) / MSDHS personnel, Head of Shelters, Provincial Child Protection Committee, Sub-District Administration Office, and CRCCT – AC Working Group, including representatives from relevant government agencies, and independent expert on alternative care
- Short, medium and long-term plan of action with indicators
The consultant will be responsible for all research and analysis and will work closely with the UNICEF Child Protection Team and DCY. The consultant will manage and organize all necessary meetings with respondents. The Child Protection Team will provide technical comments and advice and may in some instances participate in meetings. The National Plan of Action and Roadmap will be a DCY document and therefore final clearance on its content rests with DCY.
The consultant will:
- Task 1: Prepare a research and study plan and participate in a consultative meeting with DCY and UNICEF Child Protection Team to finalize the methodology and work plan
- Task 2: Prepare research tools
- Task 3: Conduct desk review and key informant interviews and Focus Group Discussion
- Task 4: Draft National Plan of Action and Roadmap (in Thai)
- Task 5: Present draft to DCY, related stakeholders and UNICEF
- Task 6: Finalize report with executive summary both in Thai and English
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- At least 5 years experience on Alternative Care and Child Protection and has experience working with related government agencies.
- Working knowledge and experience in Thailand Alternative Care system and understanding in international guidance and practice.
- Understand Thailand National Strategy, MSDHS strategy and Child Protection Strategy.
- Fluency in both English and Thai. Excellent writing skill in Thai is required.
- Thai Nationality only.