Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
TWISA in Tajikistan invites qualified individual consultants to submit the proposals to conduct midterm Evaluation for the Drinking Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Improving Social Accountability (TWISA) project funded by the Global Partnership for Social Accountability (GPSA) through the World Bank.
The Evaluation should focus on followings:
To assess level of development and dissemination at national level of service quality indicators (gender-sensitive) in the Water Supply & Sanitation sector
To assess implemented civil society-based monitoring framework (gender-sensitive) is developed based on Community Advisory Boards Model
To assess capacity building activities targeted for consumers, service providers and other stakeholders so as to enhance awareness and capacity, and take effective part in a constructive dialogue
To assess knowledge and learning framework that will allow stakeholders have increased opportunities to learn about project components
About the MECIS Region
The Middle East and Commonwealth of Independent States (MECIS) region implements and manages programmes in Yemen, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Russia, Tajikistan, Armenia, and Georgia.
Programmes within the MECIS region reflect Oxfam’s approach to work across the globe. We support self-reliance, not dependency, and to complement our work on the ground we strive to secure lasting change through our campaigning.
We also put women at the heart of all we do. The majority of people living in poverty are women and girls, and so this focus helps us to achieve our mission to overcome poverty and suffering.
This consultancy is expected to end no later than six weeks following the start of the assignment.
Work plan/ Timelines: The consultant will be required to develop a detailed work plan for the assignment no later than 5 working days after the beginning of the assignment
Qualifications and Skills required:
- S/He should have at least a Master Degree in the field of international development, monitoring and evaluation, community development, public sector management or other relevant discipline, or more then 10 years of equivalent professional experience in related fields;
- extensive experience in developing methodologies, survey design and dissemination strategies, interviews and focus groups, analysis of data, report writing, expertise in monitoring and evaluation of governance projects.
- Experience working with International NGOs and the World Bank Projects on similar consultancies, sample of previous work must be also submitted
- Experience in social accountability projects ;
- Fluency in English required, Tajik and Russian oral and written desired.