Context and Purpose of the Consultancy:
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens addressing inequity not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- Under the direction of Head of Section, this position provides general ICT program/project management and administrative support for the range of projects and/or portfolio to ensure their smooth running and implementation.
- The incumbent prioritizes tasks and organizes work independently based on general direction from the supervisor and carries out a broad range of activities including but not limited to work planning, documentation management, reporting and logistics support.
Program/Project planning and execution support
- Under the direction of the supervisor, research, analyze, verify, summarize and/or aggregate relevant qualitative and quantitative data. Draft or support development of documents, presentations, reports and proposals on program/project arrangements.
- Coordinate inputs from various stakeholders and follow up on the preparation of updates on activities, reports and reviews.
- In coordination with authorizing officers and project managers ensure the management of project human resources such as consultants, interns etc. (drafting of note for records and work/change orders, advertisement, shortlisting, interviews etc.) including third party vendors. Keep abreast of the ICT and broader Organizational LTAs portfolio.
- Undertakes duties as directed / requested by the supervisor to support the delivery and implementation of projects, as required.
Program/Project documentation and reporting support
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information in support of relevant portfolio efforts.
- Draft correspondence/communications/documentation, briefing notes and reports contributing to the achievement of program/project objectives
- Under the direction of supervisor and/or project managers, maintain program/project portfolio document repository, including project team site and PPM tool as appropriate. Generate reports and dashboards
Program/Project and office administrative support
- Arranges appointments and maintains supervisor’s calendar; organizes and manages project-related meeting logistics including taking responsibility for finalization of meeting agenda, invitations, etc. Ensure that participants are properly informed and connected to online conferences, presentation documents uploaded, recordings are stored, etc. Take and publish meeting minutes, communicate assigned action items.
- Maintain calendar of travels and important events relevant for the Section. Ensure that professional memberships are up-to-date. Help organize events, conference, webinars, etc.
- Provides program/project-relevant work inputs to Admin and Finance Assistant for processing travel, execution of contractual and other transactions, reserving meeting location/conference rooms, monitoring of financial expenditures, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- During absences and annual leaves back up Admin and Finance Assistant in the same Section, and other Section’s Project Assistant as per schedules agreed with the supervisor.
- Completes proposed divisional org structure and post change requests for the CIO’s approval. Follows up with DHR/Budget Section for action as required.
- Undertakes the creation, modification, renewals and funding of temporary appointments. Participates in the renewal of Fixed Term contracts.
- Participates in the recruitment, onboarding and off boarding processes of Fixed Term, Temporary Appointments, consultants, interns and staff on stretch assignments.
- Performs any other relevant duties assigned by supervisors.
Academic Degrees: Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
Professional Experience: A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Additional UN languages will be considered an asset.