UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The consultant is expected to work on strengthening social protection impact on children and increasing the use data on child for policy and programme action
Increasing the use data on child for policy and programme action:
- Provide regular analysis through production of a series of data snapshots covering various child related issues. The Snapshot integrates recent evidence from multiple sources and aims at encouraging deeper discussions on issues important to children.
- Produce of a number of joint knowledge products with national counterparts (such as NCCM and MoSS) to bring evidence closer to decision makers for the realization of child-wellbeing through better-informed policy decisions and implementation.
- Provide assistance and support to disseminating various child related papers/publications and other knowledge products through a dissemination strategy efficiently targeting counterparts, donors, media and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Coordinate the Spotlight seminar series which targets students, professors, research and other stakeholders to shed the light on important issues related to children and start a dialogue between the academia, civil society and the government. Each seminar would discuss a different topic at a university (AUC, Cairo University, Al-Azhar...etc)
- Provide support to the communication and social media activities regarding the verification of data for media campaigns and materials.
ACTIVITIES, DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINES, PLUS BUDGET PER DELIVERABLE
The consultant is expected to complete the following deliverables:
- Two Data Snapshots to cover broad areas related to child protection, health and overall wellbeing, analyzing recent trends and available data. These Snapshots are crucial to address issues facing children in Egypt and convince the target audience on the urgency of the issue through a call for action.
- Two policy briefs (NCCM) - NCCM in collaboration with UNICEF is producing a series of policy briefs building on the strong partnership, to bring evidence closer to decision makers for the realization of child-wellbeing through better-informed policy decisions and implementation.
- 1 Spotlight Seminar (JPAL) - JPAL in collaboration with UNICEF holds series of spotlight seminars targeting students, professors, research and other stakeholders to shed the light on important issues related to children and start a dialogue between the academia, civil society and the government.
- Provide support in Common Countries Analysis (CCA) Diagnostics
Monthly, based on monthly progress report
QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Advanced (Master level) degree in Social Sciences, International Development, Economics or any relevant area of study
- At least 3 years of proven professional experience in one of the following areas: public policy, public administration, monitoring and evaluation, or research on socio-economic issues.
- Analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
- Written and spoken English and Arabic skills are required
- Familiarity with UNICEF work and the Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF's mission and professional values
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic
DESIRED EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of social statistical data sources (especially those relevant to children in Egypt)
- Previous working experience with UNICEF or another international/development organization on child rights
- Knowledge of key documents, reports, studies on social protection, poverty, social and economic development in Egypt
- Previous experience in social protection
CONDITIONS OF WORK
Office based with field visits to governorates whenever required
NOTE FOR CONSULTANTS AND INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTORS:
Please submit a financial offer along with your proposal, which contains the following information:
- Fee for services to be provided based on the deliverables in the Terms of Reference.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Source : https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=530832