Consultant Child Labour Survey(For Pakistan Nationals Only)
UNICEF, Islamabad, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Task to be Performed:
- Development of a complete software package:
- Software development and application:
- Software application for the SIMPOC questionnaire for PCLS that is compatible with web/mobile-android platforms. It shall be ensured that the data is properly uploaded to the servers. The application will also have a geo-tagging functionality.
- The application will also provide a secure reporting/monitoring dashboard, accessible from both android-based smartphones and the internet. This will allow the stakeholders to generate data summaries and live reports on a daily basis. System will provide the options of downloading complete dataset in various formats i.e. STATA, SPSS, Microsoft Excel, CSV etc. It will also allow real-time monitoring of both field-work progress and data quality enabling course-correction and effective backstopping.
Capacity-building of the BoS staff:
- The consultant will also build the technical capacity of BOS technical focal persons to manage the application effectively, including monitoring and reporting.
- This will include delivery of a session on User's Manual (how to use the tablet and application, and trouble-shooting) during the Training of Trainers.
- Supervisory role for ongoing maintenance support:
- The consultant will also provide ongoing maintenance supervision to BOS IT support staff for PCLS, particularly during the pre-test phase, as well as the field work and data analysis after the development/handing over of the application and will provide trouble shooting support, as and whenever required.
- Initial meeting with all concerned stakeholders (BoS, L&HRD, UNICEF, UM) to understand the design of the PCLS, and in particular with the BoS to study the existing architecture/ infrastructure available at BoS and agree on the timelines (inception report).
- Software package: Application development (SIMPOC Questionnaire of PCLS) both in Urdu and English, in-house testing, and reporting/monitoring dashboard (questionnaire application, dashboard and testing report) including Online Monitoring System (OMS) tracking field teams based on (GPS coordinates).
- Programming of tablets for pre-test phase (ensuring that the data is captured correctly by the server)
- Development of a User's manual
- Training of Trainers for pre-test on User's Manual. Training Report.
- Finalized application after pre-test and updated User's Manual.
- Ongoing maintenance / support after successful completion / handing over of the application or until completion of the survey.
- Final Consultancy Report
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required
- Degree in Computer Sciences, Software Development or other related fields;
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of database development, particularly in android application development, SQL Server, C#, VB.NET and Oracle
- At least ten years of experience in the field of software development and handling of large MIS;
- Previous experience of undertaking similar work; i.e. at least three android applications developed for surveys;
- Prior experience of working with UN and Government Departments' databases and Management information systems would be an advantage;
- Experience in managing and developing client relationships and expectations;
- Ability to work independently and with a team to respond to feedback in a timely and professional manner;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to contribute to a team;
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and experience in working effectively in a multi-cultural environment;
- Sensitivity to diverse opinions and difficulties arising from differing social and cultural perceptions;
- Fluency in written and spoken English language is required; and
- Good coordination, negotiation and mediation skills.