Consultant to Develop and Implemente a Capacity Programme for the National Council for Women’s Citizen Reporting platform
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
To fulfill these objectives, UNDP is seeking to engage a technology development consultant to conduct a capacity building programme for the technical staff at NCW. The services to be rendered by the contracted consultant shall include, but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Design and develop the programme training materials;
- Conduct a pre-training assessment of participants to tailor the programme delivery and maximize learning;
- Deliver the training in person in Cairo using a mix of instructional, facilitation, hands-on and labs sessions to ensure participants have developed all the required skills to design, build and operate the platform. The platform will be based on the open source reporting software Ushahidi, which is considered to be the most successful reporting platform;
- During the training workshop, design the reporting platform, and create a functional prototype bases on the design;
- Ensure that all localisation requirements (Arabic interfaces, local maps, date formats, etc.) are considered in the design and implementation of the platform;
- Train the team on the maintenance, operations and support of the reporting platform.
The reporting platform must:
- Be web-based and conforms to major web standards;
- Enable citizens to submit issue reports through the web, social media or mobile phones (through SMS/smart phone apps);
- Support images and video attachments to issue reports;
- Include a custom map that cover Cairo Municipality;
- Support customizable categories for submitted issues;
- Display reported issues on the map with color coding to indicate the category of each issue;
- Provide an overlay panel to enable users to filter displayed issues based on category;
- Include alerts functionality to alert relevant authorities/individuals when an issue is submitted;
- Provide management reports to track activity on the platform;
- Have an intuitive, easy to navigate and user-friendly interface;
- Be fully Arabised, with all interface strings, messages and documentation available in Arabic.
- Workshop training materials and participant pack;
- Capacity building programme plan;
- All workshop hand-on labs and exercises;
- Prototype of the reporting platform to be developed collectively with participants during the workshop;
- Final report evaluating the capacity building programme and its achieved objectives.
- An advanced degree in a field related to sustainable development, gender equality and women empowerment, ICT for development.
- At least 10 years of work experience in te a field related to sustainable development, gender equality and women empowerment, ICT for development.
- Excellent English communication skills;
- Working knowledge in the Arabic language is an asset.