The purpose of this procurement exercise is to contract an individual consultant who will manage the internal administration of the Finance Training Certification Programme vis-à-vis the students and their business units as well as to act as the focal point between the training provider.
- The objective of the Finance Training Certification Programme (FTCP) is to provide staff an opportunity to further develop their financial management knowledge and skills, including the use of international accounting standards, through their completion of a rigorous course of study and exams maintained by CIPFA, the world’s leading global body for Public Finance Management.
- The FTCP provides a route to attain certifications that meet the qualification requirements established in the generic job profiles for finance positions.
- FTCP is a rigorous and challenging Programme designed and certified by CIPFA the awarding professional body for CIPFA (Charted Institute of Public Finance Accountancy). Qualification in the Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma is the global gold standard for professional Public Financial Management (PFM). Taken together and with successful completion of the final stages of CIPFA professional qualification, leads to the award of the CIPFA professional qualification in international Public Finance Management.
To manage the internal administration of the programme vis-à-vis the students and their business units as well as to act as the focal point between the training provider, UNDP is now seeking an interim consultant support to carry out the following tasks:
Duties and Responsibilities: Management and administration of Certification and Professionalization Programme FTCP
- Responsible for enrollment and selection process;
- Serve as focal point for day-to-day facilitation and coordination of the programme with the Office of Finance and Resource Management (OFRM), staff participating the programme, Talent Development Managers and the vendors
- Regularly monitor (review, assess and track) the programme;
- Ensure reviews and closures of open cases pertaining to the certification programme;
- Data update, support surveys, analysis and reporting;
- Management of the Programme’s Invoicing and Cost Recovery
- Reconcile, verify and ensure amounts match with the number of participants modules taken in Invoices before they are submitted to BMS-Operations Unit and to CIPFA for final invoicing;
- Keep track of fund utilization and to settle invoices in coordination with the Operations Unit in a timely manner;
- Administer internal cost-recovery mechanism for the programme
- Respond timely to BMS Operation Unit requests to finalize submission before the year-end financial closure;
- Monitor and track cost recovery for FTCP;
- Analyzing and reconciling account balances from different country offices and offices in HQ.
Expected outputs and deliverables:
- Timely execution of the programme launches; both communication and operational preparations
- Monitoring and maintenance of contracts management repository
- Establishing a mechanism for efficient budget and expenditure tracking for the programme
- Timely payment of invoices/certificate of payments received from vendors
- Ensure overall programme administration support is carried out in a seamless manner
- Timely and prompt management of various requests and inquiries from the FTCP inbox (within one business day)
- Successful management and communication of certification programmes in collaboration with vendor
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Identifies priority activities and assignments;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
Required Skills and Experience
Academic qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Finance, Economic Sciences, Social Sciences or any other related field required; Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience in management support, operations management, procurement, budgeting, programme management and communications is required.
- Familiarity with UN rules and regulations in various operational areas (finance, procurement, travel, etc.)
- Previous work within the UN system an advantage
- MS Office- specifically MS Excel, Experience in Atlas / Oracle, experience in SharePoint and PowerBI a distinct advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language would be an asset