BACKGROUND / RATIONALE
UNICEF works towards realization of the rights of children as prescribed in the Convention on the Rights of the Child. These rights pertain to child survival, protection, development and participation.
UNICEF India has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families across the Country. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a strong presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, a voice. The digital communication, content, campaigns and brand unit within the Communication, Advocacy and Partnerships Section comprises Web, Social Media and Digital Content, Governance and Platform specialists/officers working together to create compelling public-facing content and to provide digital services within the organization. Through multiple platforms and in multiple languages, CAP draws attention to the many facets of UNICEF’s work, encouraging public support, participation and action, as well as ensuring greater transparency and accountability. Web stories, blog posts, photo essays, Facebook posts, Twitter campaigns, and videos for distribution via Web, YouTube and other outlets and platforms are all a part of our digital storytelling.
PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT
Effective implementation of any social media engagement plan requires at least one full-time graphic designer to manage the requirement of designing collaterals for UNICEF India digital platforms.
To meet these requirements, UNICEF Communication, Advocacy and Partnerships (CAP), Resource Mobilization and Partnerships (RMP), Child Development and Nutrition(CDN) and Front Office sections, would like to engage the services of an individual designer to design UNICEF communication, advocacy and visibility materials in-line with UNICEF style and brand guidelines, and who will be available to be stationed in UNICEF ICO to design documents related to UNICEF activities and programmes.
UNICEF CAP, RMP, Nutrition and Front Office sections would like to engage the services of an individual designer to design UNICEF communication, advocacy and visibility materials in-line with UNICEF style and brand guidelines, and who will be available to be stationed in UNICEF ICO to design documents related to UNICEF activities and programmes.
MAJOR TASKS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED
- Conceptualize and produce layouts, designs, etc.
- Produce dynamic presentations, slide shows, animations, infographics, prezzie and Flash demos, web/graphic designs for websites, e-newsletters, power point presentations and other marketing channels.
- Custom design each Flash presentation, animation after effects movie and motion graphics packages to effectively convey message and connect with the audience based on pre-defined advocacy priorities.
- Source quality and most suitable photo and videos from the UNICEF database in line with the global guidelines.
- Design logo and vector illustrations, as requested.
- Design posters and graphic materials to support events, campaigns and meetings, as requested.
- Liaise and coordinate the printing production of certain publications and materials.
- Design and produce motion graphics, as requested.
- Meet with project sponsors to agree on creative brief, timelines and deliverables.
- Attend pre-production briefing on issues being covered and participate in preparatory research and production planning.
- Ensure implementation of the UNICEF brand and style guide (UNICEF style guide will be provided by the UNICEF India Country Office)
DELIVERABLES AND DEADLINES
- Quality designed products for various UNICEF sections within PFP, as requested, completed in line with UNICEF brand requirements and delivered within specified deadlines.
Conceptualise, design and produced artworks as and when required in all design formats which are operational across all platforms.
- Brochures / Reports / Booklets
- Folders + pocket(s)
- Information Kits
- Flip charts
- Calendars: wall and desk types
- Invitation cards and envelopes
- Wobblers / danglers
- Sandwich boards
- Buntings / Banners
- Billboards / hoardings
- Wall paintings
- Illustrations / Paintings
- Computer Graphics
- Photo/Other exhibitions
- Press Ad Campaigns / Public Service Announcements
- Packages (for different info. Materials, e.g., CD Pen drives, RAM covers, video covers
- Power Point / Flash Presentations
- Multimedia Design: Web Graphics / Web pages / Web sites / Infographics
- Posters/ standees/ backdrops
- Emailer design
- Flash presentations/animations
- Branded USBs
- Communication Specialist, Communication, Advocacy and Partnerships
- Communication Officer, Communication, Advocacy and Partnerships
OFFICIAL TRAVEL INVOLVED: None
ESTIMATED DURATION OF CONTRACT (FULL TIME)
The contract will be for a period of 11.5 months. The initial contract will be till end December. The contract for the remaining period will be issued in end December 2019 or January 2020 subject to satisfactory performance of the individual and continued need for the position.
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE/ COMPETENCIES (CORE/TECHNICAL/FUNCTIONAL) / LANGUAGE SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE ASSIGNMENT
- University degree in graphic design or comparable academic qualifications
- At least five years of professional graphic design experience
- Good portfolio of design work
- Strong practical background in graphic design, including the knowledge of design software such as Adobe Design Premium‐package and web design tool such as Dreamweaver and Flash.
- Basic understanding of web development (HTML, Java script etc.) technologies and GIS is required.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products, such as InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Comfortable working on Apple and Windows platforms
- Ability to produce quality 2D/3Danimations films.
- Ability to translate data into compelling infographics
- Good understanding of English and Hindi (Written and Oral)
- Experience of working with printing and production companies
- Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) and color management;
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms;
- Knowledge of standard software packages (MS Office–MS Access–MS Visio –Adobe Acrobat);
- Other skills: Working experience in a development or humanitarian environment is an added advantage.
- Ability to follow creative briefs and produce accurate artwork which is in line with the UNICEF brand guidelines
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Ability to deliver products on time and within budget
TECHNICAL EVALUATION CRITERIA (WITH WEIGHTS FOR EACH CRITERIA)
The selection will be on the basis of technical evaluation & financial offer in the ratio of 80:20. The criteria for technical evaluation will be as follows:
Technical Capacity (80 points)
- Cover Letter – Explaining the motivation for applying and also explaining how the qualifications and skill-set of the candidate are suitable for this position (3 Min Marks/ 5 Max Marks)
- Relevant educational qualifications of the candidate (3 Min/ 5 Max Marks)
- Relevant Experience (Min 11/ Max 15)
- Work Samples– This includes three previously designed documents and their accompanying briefs. (11 Min/ 15 Max Marks)
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the written test based on the review of sub-criteria 1, 2, 3 and 4 as listed above. Candidates who score overall 28 marks and above against criteria (1 through 4) as well as meet the minimum cut-off in each of the above 4 sub-criteria will be shortlisted for the design test.
- A design test will be administered with shortlisted candidates (28 Min/ 40 Max Marks)
To qualify in the technical evaluation, a candidate must obtain the minimum marks in each of the criteria as well a minimum score of 56 overall.
Selection will be made using the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method using the 80:20 ratio with 80 points for technical criteria and 20 points for Financial criteria.