Goal and Objective :
Under the responsibility of the Head of the Health / Nutrition Section, the consultant will set up a capacity building mechanism in terms of data collection, analysis, mapping, visualization, reporting and training and monitoring of all the projects and programs of the Health / Nutrition section and of its partners in order to: i) ensure that the information management tools developed take into account the general concerns of the various Health and Nutrition interventions; and (ii) meet the information needs of sector actors and UNICEF partners;
Activities and Tasks:
Under the responsibility of the Health / Nutrition Section Chief, the consultant will have the following tasks (and any other tasks that the section deems necessary to add):
- Make an inventory of information management systems available at stakeholder level in order to propose harmonized tools and database;
Develop a dynamic database allowing to:
- Generate a map of the players in the sector;
- Generate a mapping of stakeholder interventions;
- Generate Dashboards allowing the monitoring of all programs and funding in the Health / Nutrition sector;
- Generate visual products allowing the monitoring of activities and funding related to funding;
- Generate periodic reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual).
- Consolidate, analyze and report / disseminate information essential to decision-making.
- Develop harmonized data collection tools to allow automatic updating of the database;
- Establish links between the tools and databases to be developed and those existing at the level of sector coordination (humanitarian and development).
- Adapt existing information management (IM) approaches in the country for the collection, analysis and reporting of sector activities and resources and identify information gaps.
- Work Relationship: The consultant will work closely with the Health / Nutrition, Emergency, OCHA team as well as the partners of the Emergency Health sector group.
- Payment will be made monthly upon presentation of an activity report linked to the deliverables.
Desired competencies, technical background and experience
Education: Second cycle university degree (BAC +5) in a field or discipline in accordance with the position, either Information management, Geographic information systems (GIS), data management and in-depth analysis or IT or statistics or related disciplines ; undergraduate degree with additional professional experience in the field could be taken into account instead of the master's degree.
- Technical knowledge in GIS cartography (Geographic Information System)
- Knowledge of Health / Nutrition issues is desirable
Experience : At least five (5) years of professional experience in data collection and data management, monitoring and evaluation or other relevant fields.
- Experience in database design, database distribution and map production, and capacity building to provide hands-on training on database management and reporting. Proficient in the use of GIS, advanced Excel, SPSS or STATA and other similar software.
Languages needed : Fluent French. Working knowledge of English is an asset.