Bioversity International is a global research-for-development organization. Our vision is that agricultural biodiversity nourishes people and sustains the planet.
We deliver scientific evidence, management practices and policy options to use and safeguard agricultural biodiversity to attain sustainable global food and nutrition security. We work with partners in low-income countries in different regions where agricultural biodiversity can contribute to improved nutrition, resilience, productivity and climate change adaptation.
Bioversity International is a CGIAR Research Centre.
Based in Maccarese, Rome, under the supervision of the IT Manager, the incumbent will
- Perform an inventory of existing/historical Intranet sites and sub-sites data, usage and access
- Implement new intranet pages and Unit sub-sites in close collaboration with sites owners in line with design requirements
- Support web development process activities including tracking documentation, consultants time and web related statistics
- Test procedures and tools and prepare video tutorials, presentations and infographics to improve usability by staff
- Support and perform a variety of administrative and technical processes and procedures including:
- Checking access rights
- Logging activities
- Extract reports and statistics
- Applying consistent version control and records retention to documents
- Manage the life cycle of online surveys and tests
- Support users in performing procedures such as migrating files
- Support users in organizing training projection of videos
Qualifications and competencies
Essential qualifications & competencies:
- University Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics or other related fields
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressively experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines while still maintaining attention to detail and accuracy, and problem solve effectively;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills; courtesy and tact and the ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative working relationships with people of diverse cultural and national backgrounds
- Strong client orientation and service approach.
- Good judgment and initiative; ability to work with independence within assigned areas.
Desirable qualifications and competencies:
- Work experience in an international environment
- Work experience in graphic communication and presentation
Terms and conditions: This is a 12 months’ full time consultancy opportunity. All consultancy fees and conditions will be administered in line with Bioversity’s approved policy for consultants.