If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
For every child,results!
Purpose of the Assignment
Under the supervision and guidance of the Health Specialist (Pneumonia and Diarrhea) the consultant will be ensuring proper warehousing, dispatch of supplies, monitoring the proper transportation, distribution, reporting and the inclusion in Government inventory system.
To make a difference, you will be accountable for the following tasks and deliverables:
The major responsibility of consultant will be field monitoring for proper handling and usage of provided supplies to 29 districts of Sindh and provision of hands on training to district based staff to accomplish the below tasks by conducting bimonthly field visits
- Prepare and execute the developed distribution plans in coordination with 29 districts (District Health Officers) and partners for essential commodities for Pneumonia and Diarrhea.
- Monitor distribution of supplies bimonthly to ensure distribution of supplies from 29 districts to health facilities as per distribution plan and the data are entered in District and Health facility stock/inventory registers.
- Provide on the job training to district based warehousing staff on inventory management, MIS and use of new commodities for management of pneumonia and diarrhea to service providers.
- Conduct monitoring to 29 district health offices to ensure Pneumonia and Diarrhea related LMIS, DHIS and MIS data is timely updated and reported.
- Analyze the monthly DHIS/LMIS relevant data from 29 districts, validation and take the corrective measures when and where required.
Task to be Performed
- Prepare workplan
- for field monitoring of all 29 districts of Sindh.
- Field monitoring to 6 districts (Karachi Malir, Karachi Korangi, Karachi South, Karachi West, Karachi Central, Karachi East)
- Field monitoring to 8 district (Jamshro, Dadu, Hyderabad, TM Khan, TA Yar, Mir Pur, Tharparkar, UmerKot)
- Field monitoring to 8 districts (Larkana Shikarpur, Kashmore, Jocababad, Ghotki, Sukkur and Kamber)
- Field monitoring to 7 districts (S.B.Abad, Khairpur, Thatta, Sajjawal, Badin, Hyderabad and N Feroz)
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Applicants are requested to submit a financial quotation indicating monthly fee.
A university degree in Social Sciences/ Economics/Public health/nutrition, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience in public health/nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal and neonatal health care, health emergency/humanitarian preparedness, at the international level, UN system or in a developing country is an asset. Experience in the field of field monitoring and training will be considered as an asset
- Sound knowledge and experience in computer application (MS WORD/EXCEL/POWERPOINT) and working knowledge of UNICEF system applications is an asset.
- Knowledge of UNICEF business practices is an asset.
- Ability to systemize the data and present in a systemic manner.
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Professional experience in supply chain performing related tasks and functions preferably in UN organization and in Government.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in Urdu and local language(s) of the province is essential.
- An action-oriented approach and strong drive for results.
- High tolerance for operating in an environment characterized by uncertainty and ambiguity and working with people, showing respect to their views and contributions.
- Experience with CAPI (Computer Assisted Personnel Interview) data collection is preferred;
- Training experience and ability to organize and facilitate training and presentations;
- Experience in data analysis and survey report writing.
- To view our competency framework, please clickhere.