Project Team: transparency, accountability and anti-Corruption
The consultant will provide coordination support to the Transparency, Accountability and Anti-Corruption team in the areas of Results-based Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management, specifically focusing on two projects:
Promoting a Fair Business Environment in ASEAN
Judicial Excellence to ensure Justice for All: The Judicial Integrity Network in ASEAN
The UNDP Bangkok Regional Hub (BRH) is responsible for the implementation of regional projects, knowledge management activities and the provision of advisory services to UNDP Country Offices in Asia and the Pacific.
The transparency and accountability team is currently leading two complementary projects in ASEAN:
“Promoting a fair business environment in ASEAN”, targeting 6 countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Viet Nam. The multi-year regional project is supported by the British government and aims to promote fair, transparent and predictable business environments by working with both governments and the private sector.
“Judicial Excellence to ensure Justice for All: The Judicial Integrity Network in ASEAN”, supported by the US government, aiming at building capacity of judiciaries in the target countries on court excellence and judicial integrity. The project targets Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand, Viet Nam and potentially Lao PDR.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work:
- Under the supervision of the Project Specialist Transparency & Accountability, the Consultant support monitoring & evaluation, RBM reporting, and knowledge management for the two projects mentioned in Project Team.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables:
The consultant will be responsible of the following tasks:
Results Based Management Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation (50%)
- Collecting quarterly country reports and data on project implementation and drafting regional progress and final reports, in line with donors’ requirements and UNDP corporate guidelines
- Supporting project monitoring and evaluation, collecting data to monitor progress towards indicators as per results and resources frameworks (RRF) of the two projects
- Supporting data collection and reporting for projects internal and external evaluations and audits
- Conducting research as needed, especially related to data related to project outputs and outcomes indicators
- Providing contributions to Results-Oriented Annual Reporting (ROAR)
- Support stakeholders data management (database/ participants analysis)
Knowledge management (50%)
- Conducting research, facts checking and data collection on transparency, accountability, anti-corruption and business integrity to feed into knowledge products and material produced by the team
- Contributing to quality assurance of knowledge products
- Contributing to newsletters and website updates, in cooperation with other designated colleagues in the team
- Organizing events and platforms for knowledge exchange and multi-stakeholders consultations (both online and face-face)
- Coordinating invitations to participants, liaising with speakers and participants for travel organization (if required), liaising with partners, contributing to the agenda, as well as supporting post event communication such as reports, newsletters, event page content
- The consultant will report to the Project Specialist Transparency & Accountability and will work in close cooperation with the other team members.
Required Skills and Experience
- Qualifications of the Successful Individual Contractor: The consultant should meet the following minimum criteria:
- Master’s Degree in International Relations, Development Studies, Political Science, Law, Social Sciences or other related fields
- At least 2 years work experience in results-based reporting, monitoring & evaluation or knowledge management;
- Experience in tracking progress towards indicators included in the results or resources frameworks (RRF); familiarity with outputs, outcomes, theory of changes is essential contribution to knowledge products, research, data collection, events organization is an asset;
- Previous experience in the UN or other international organizations or government agencies working on results-oriented reporting and knowledge management;
- Excellent knowledge of the main Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Power Point and Excel;
- Proven interest in transparency, accountability, judicial integrity and anti-corruption and familiarity with ASEAN region is an asset.