Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
- Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
- Palladium implements the USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) Project. HP+ works with key stakeholders to advance health policy and financing for family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal and newborn health (MNH) at national and subnational levels. The project aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners' capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to the existing priorities.
- Assignment Overview
- USAID has been supporting bilateral MNH programs with the Government of Indonesia (GOI) for more than 25 years, with an emphasis on increasing the use of skilled birth providers and improving the quality of services. USAID/Indonesia is currently supporting a partnership between the HP+ Project and the Ministry of Health Research Institute, Badan Litbangkes, to conduct a quantitative analysis of MNH risk factors.
- The USAID-funded HP+ Project is seeking a qualified data management architect and Tableau developer to work in collaboration with Badan Litbangkes researchers to build a SQL database and a public-facing data visualization platform in Tableau. Indicator datasets for the database and visual designs for the platform will be provided to the consultant.
- Final platform users will be able to visualize results from Badan Litbangkes' various national health surveys in summary tables, simple graphics, and maps using all disaggregation options requested by Badan Litbangkes (e.g. by province, by age group, by income, etc.). Summary tables should also be easily downloadable.
- The consultant is also expected to prepare and conduct trainings for Badan Litbangkes staff to ensure sustainability of the database and platform after September 2019.
- This is a deliverable-based contract. The Consultant will work closely with HP+ Technical Advisor (based in Jakarta, Indonesia) and DC-based technical staff to ensure accuracy and completeness of data visualization tools and deliverables as outlined below.
- Develop the ETL process to extract data from data sources into an SQL server database to be later integrated with Tableau data visualization platform.
- Develop new data visualization platform in Tableau based on design requested by HP+ and Badan Litbangkes
- Ensure that the platform is user-friendly for various stakeholders, including the Ministry of Health (including Provincial and District Health Office) officials, other government officials, academics, and the general public.
- Develop training materials and lead trainings to develop Badan Litbangkes capacity to make changes/additions to data visualization tools on their own beyond September 2019
- Actively communicate with HP+ on issues/challenges affecting the assignment
- Work closely with stakeholders, client, HP+ and Palladium Washington DC leads to deliver technical solutions
- Deliverables and Reporting:
- New database of aggregated results from Badan Litbangkes' various survey datasets using selected indicators and disaggregation options provided to the consultant.
- Finalized Tableau Public data visualization platform based on selected visual design provided to the consultant.
- Comprehensive user guidelines explaining how a developer at Badan Litbangkes can add, remove, and edit datasets, indicators, indicator descriptions, disaggregation options, and visualization options.
- Interactive training session (1-2 days) for Badan Litbangkes researchers to understand how to use and edit the platform. Training materials will be developed by the consultant.
- 3-5 years of experience in planning and implementing SQL server migration
- Experience developing and conducting training on data management
- 3-5 years of experience in Tableau platform development for social science indicators
- Experience developing and conducting training on data visualization for beginning Tableau developers
- Ability to work iteratively, presenting intermediate work products and respond to evolving requests
- Ability to conduct security and performance testing and recommend optimizations
- Excellent English writing, communication, and reporting skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness