Position Title: Consultant (State Programme Coordinator)
PRADAN registered in 1983 under Societies Act 1860, is today regarded as India’s foremost NGO working on rural transformation. Today our work directly impacts over four million people in over 7,000 villages across seven of India’s poorest states and many more by assisting about 70 NGOs and various government agencies at all levels.
Today PRADAN provides opportunities for educated young people and development professionals to engage with the village and rural communities through grassroots action to transform India. We are seeking professionals with experience of working with rural communities on Health and Nutrition as Consultants (multiple positions) to support PRADAN operations across 7 states.
No of positions: Multiple
Location: Ranchi and Chattisgarh
Application deadline: 13/07/2018
Duration of consultancy: Up to 31st March 2019
Emoluments: As per sector standards based on experience
Description of the work:
- Responsible for preparing Project Implementation Plan and updating of project progress
- Responsible for organising monthly/ quarterly review of PIP and recommend amendments in activities for smooth implementation.
- Coordination with PRADAN Team Co-ordinators and all the stakeholders for the smooth implementation of project activities
- Coordinate with state and maintain monitoring and coverage database
- Provide input into the development of knowledge product and training modules.
- Responsible for regular review and monitoring of the project progress.
- Provide inputs in orientation and training programs for field consultants of PRADAN.
- Travel to project areas for field visits, review meetings/meetings with stakeholders on a periodic basis.
Qualification & Experience
- Postgraduate in public health, health & nutrition, social sciences or in related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in development of resource materials, imparting cascade mode of training, programme management of large-scale health & nutrition programmes
- Experience in data analysis and management using both primary and secondary data
- Experience in qualitative research as relates to process documentation
- Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a collaborative spirit with other team members at all levels.
- Work experience with and knowledge of government health and nutrition programmes will be an added advantage.
- Work on health and nutrition at a technical level
- Experience of working in the field of health research and good knowledge of issues of nutrition/women and child health
Under exceptional circumstances and in the case of meritorious candidates, the above guidelines can be relaxed.