BBC Media Action uses the power of media to support people to shape their own lives. As the BBC’s international development charity, we work with broadcasters, governments, non-governmental organisations and donors to provide information and stimulate positive change. BBC Media Action has been working in Asia since 2011 and has been responsible for programs in Cambodia, Bangladesh, Myanmar, India and Nepal. Now we are creating a new series on TV and online in Indonesia and this is the chance to be part of a production team.
The primary focus of the role will be the Covid-19 project as well as supporting other BBC Media Action projects. As mentioned above, the need of the role is reliant to the approval of the grant project funding.
The Content Producer will work on their own or as part of a small team to create innovative digital content, ensuring that all output is of the highest creative and editorial standard and serves the needs of diverse audiences. He/she will be expected to come up with engaging story ideas and treatments for the BBC Media Action social media channels on a weekly basis. The Content Producer will also need to keep across new technologies, regularly experiment with new formats and remain at the forefront of social media content creation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create innovative, informative and high quality audio and visual content for social media, with minimal supervision
- Source locations, contributors and production talent
- Regularly develop and pitch creative story ideas
- Effectively line manage junior members of the production team to get the best out of them and support their development
- Manage production schedules and liaise closely with other outputs (TV, outreach and roadshows) to cross-promote stories and events, and deliver the best content possible
- Manage the compliance of all digital output, ensuring that all products are in line with BBC Editorial Guidelines, contractual and copyright requirements, social inclusion strategies and other relevant policies
- Ensure production safety, including preparing risk assessments and ensuring safety measures are upheld by all production crew
- Work closely with other members of the production team and alongside administration, finance and procurement staff to ensure all purchasing, hiring and contracting is completed in line with BBC Media Action policies and procedures
- Monitor social media sites and escalate potential editorial / moderation issues where appropriate
- Keep across new trends on social media and other online products and regularly share new ideas with other members of the production team and senior staff
- Collect and analyse audience feedback via social media
- Understand and comply with the Safeguarding policy and the staff Code of Conduct.
- Participate in relevant mandatory training on Safeguarding and Respect at Work.
- Report any Safeguarding concerns immediately, either to the Country Director, or using the Whistleblowing Policy.
- Undertake any other relevant tasks or responsibilities as requested by your line manager.
Skills, knowledge and experience requirement:
- Experience of digital content creation for social media
- A good understanding of audio and visual production and post-production techniques
- Creative flair, with strong writing skills and the ability to structure a narrative
- An excellent understanding of how to structure a narrative
- A strong desire to experiment with new technologies and develop excellent digital production skills, with minimal supervision
- Experience as a content producer (for radio, TV or online)
- Experience of working effectively on your own and within a team
- A good understanding of how to manage the production process in line with organisational policies and processes and ensure content is delivered on time and to budget
- Skilled with Adobe Premier Pro
- Excellent spoken and written Indonesian language skills
- Excellent spoken English language skills
- Highly organised, with the proven ability to prioritise, manage workload and deadlines and maintain attention to detail.