Mercy Corps, Gaziantep, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Strategy and Vision
- Contribute to the country strategic planning process.
- Provide support and supervise Contract Management unit in Mercy Corps North Syria Mission.
- Participate in problem solving with contracts and demonstrate in written to reflect contracts performance.
- Read all program proposals and effectively contribute to program implementation and development
- Ensure that Contract Management Unit staff are properly trained to perform excellence.
- Work closely with program management to facilitate program planning and upcoming contract implementation needs.
- Liaise with Tendering Unit for drafting and negotiations of the contracts.
- Support Tendering Unit in tendering process to ensure invitational documents adequately and appropriately align with anticipated contractual terms and conditions.
- Assist and advise Operations Manager to establish procurement norms and strategies.
- Assist teams in understanding their roles and responsibilities in terms of interaction with operations.
- Liaise with programme teams regularly to ensure their needs are being met in terms of purchases and contractual obligations.
- Manage and work with quality control team to ensure that contractors are meeting their contractual obligations in terms of content and specification of goods provided.
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures.
- Work with Finance to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements defined in donor agreements or donor policy.
- Be responsible for full and proper implementation of Mercy Corps systems of procurement and contract management, compliance and control as described in Mercy Corps field manuals contained in the Office in a Box.
- Work with finance compliance to mitigate fraud, conflict of interest and legal ramifications of Mercy Corps activities.
Operations Management – Contract Management
- Oversee major functions of contract management and execution.
- Serve as the MC point of contact on contractual matters for major vendor contracts.
- Manage a transparent and fair supplier contacts.
- Develop a detailed and time bound project procurement plan implementation for each vendor during commodity deliveries.
- Monitor and shepherd review, approval, reconciliation, and amendment processes to ensure timely movement of contract actions through the MC workflow processes.
- Liaise with vendors on troubleshooting contractual obligations and demonstrate communications in writing.
- Liaise with finance (both Turkey and HQ) to ensure compliance of contract implementation with Mercy Corps and donor requirements.
- Reconcile documents such are invoices and waybills with Mercy Corps GRNs and other data before submitting payments to finance.
- Process payments to finance for contracts based on payment terms and conditions.
- Advise when specific tenders and market-testing exercises need to be conducted, and provide commercial advice, assistance and/or leadership of these exercises.
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, and assist with interpretation of contract terms to support implementation.
- Develop contract management system including control mechanism for monitoring of implementation as well as for troubleshooting contractual obligations.
- Prepare cash monthly cash projections for on-going contractual obligations.
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing, etc.).
- Monitor contract close-outs, extensions and/or renewal.
- Prepare necessary documents and justification in case of contract terms are to be changed during implementation.
- Prepare amendments to contracts as necessary to reflect changes in contract terms and conditions.
- Provide regular reviews and updates on status of ongoing contracts to Expanded Strategic Management Team.
- Adapt language in standard Mercy Corps contract templates to create new contract templates that meet the specific needs of the MC Turkey office.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on relevant country business norms, legal conditions, and customs, and ensure this information is incorporated in contract agreements as required.
- Coordinate closely with Mercy Corps headquarters staff to secure additional technical, financial, contract, and legal support as needed.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Conduct field visits to vendors place to ensure vendors project implementation capacities remains strong
- Monitor vendor satisfaction with our terms and conditions and contracting practices.
- Recommend changes to improve Mercy Corps ability to procure needed goods and services on an ongoing basis.
- Consistently demonstrate flexibility, resilience and ability to maintain positive relationships and composure, even under difficult circumstances.
- Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrate an awareness of his/her own strengths and development needs.
- Interface with vendors and suppliers for coordinating supply chain and commodity delivery via the appropriate communication channels.
- Communicate with vendors in a manner consistent to the program team in terms of paperwork and documentation of goods.
- Establish and maintain productive and transparent relationships with all stakeholders, vendors, suppliers, etc.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years of field experience in Contract Management, Procurement, Administrative or Logistics support functions with a humanitarian non-governmental organization.
- Experience setting up and managing contract management, procurement and/or tender management systems.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in humanitarian assistance field emergency/relief settings.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies, related security concerns, and appropriate responses to such emergencies.
- Excellent English writing and communications skills are required.
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, prioritization and computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Critical to demonstrate successful written communication with vendors and address issues to be reflected in contract management systems.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or Turkish desirable.
- Knowledge of Mercy Corps systems and procedures (particularly Mercy Corps Procurement and Logistics systems) highly desirable.