Contracts Specialist (Innovative Diagnostics)
UNICEF, Copenhagen, Denmark
Closing Date for Applications:
- Ensures all procurement activities are in compliance with the UNICEF Financial Rules and Regulations, SD Manual, and all other applicable procurement procedures.
- Conducts contracts management to ensure supplier compliance to LTA's and purchase order terms and conditions.
- Issues international tender invitations to acceptable suppliers, evaluates quotations, clarifies offers, and negotiates with suppliers as appropriate.
- Makes recommendations for finalization of purchases, adjudicates offers in consultation with WHO, and internally Technical and QA centres. Prepares and defends submissions to CRC.
- Works closely with Innovation, programmes and partners on project design, work plan and procurement coordination, issues of long term forecasting of quantities and planning of funding.
- Ensures adequate and coordinated planning of procurement and demand of diagnostics, manages projects for procurement for evaluation or scale up.
- Reviews and provides recommendations for Local Procurement by Field Offices.
- Reviews material specifications and requirements with the Technical and QA Centres to ensure completeness and appropriateness.
- In partnership with WHO and internally Technical and QA centres, evaluates suppliers with respect to delivery performance, product acceptability, and commercial acceptability.
- Establishes work plans and priorities, monitors achievements and evaluates performance of support staff.
- Any other duties or assignments as requested by the supervisor
- A completed Advanced University Degree (Master's Degree) in business administration, commerce or law or technical field is required.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional experience including at least three at the international level is required.
- Knowledge of worldwide procurement, contract negotiations and administration is a requirement. (experience in procurement/contracting in the area of health technology and/or diagnostics is an asset).
- Experience in commercial activities with the public or private sector in developing and industrialized countries is required.
- Experience in analytical work, complex partnership management and negotiations is required.
- Experience and ability to manage and monitor the effective use of financial and material resources is required.
- Experience in use of computer applications, including internet navigation and various office applications is required.
- Supervisory experience is a requirement.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Proficiency in other UN language is an asset.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=498740