Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader, Sustainable and Inclusive Growth Unit, UNDP with matrix reporting to Country Head, UNCDF, and Head of Programme, UN Women the International UN Volunteer will carry out the following tasks:
- Coordinate implementation of project planning processes;
- Coordinate implementation of project results and other monitoring systems;
- Coordinate project reporting processes and ensure preparation of timely project reports;
- Supports development of new ways of doing business when communicating including innovation and advocacy; and
- Facilitate knowledge building and sharing.
Coordinate Joint Programme’s (JP) planning processes, by focusing on the following results:
- Support preparation of JP’s Annual Work Plan (AWP) in line with corporate requirements and by consolidating inputs from project work plans based on expected year-end outputs;
- Support the preparation of the JP’s detailed implementation plans by coordinating inputs from Project Teams and other stakeholders;
- Contribute to the monitoring of AWP results and targets and to the analysis of deviations between planned and actual results achieved; and
- Provide inputs if there is need to revisit the plans and provide suggestions for problem solving.
Coordinate implementation of the JP activities and strive to meet project activity results, by focusing on the following results:
- Assume full responsibility for coordinating effectively and efficiently the implementation of JP activities and promotion of synergy across UN agencies and projects;
- Ensure delivery of quality/substance and project products with adherence to corporate rules, regulations and procedures;
- Implement the JP results-monitoring system according to the Project Document and the IRRF;
- Coordinate collection and verification of data (qualitative and quantitative, data sources) and other information under the project results-monitoring system and according to the results-monitoring plan;
- Contribute to project level tools and formats for data collection and verification with project teams and other project stakeholders. Ensure that data collection is conducted in a timely manner;
- Undertake on-going quality assurance of the monitoring data and information including field visits;
- Undertake ongoing analysis of monitoring data;
- Organise and coordinate the implementation of periodic reviews utilizing qualitative data collection methodologies; and
Coordinate project reporting processes and ensure preparation of timely project reports, focusing on the following results:
- Implement JP’s reporting system according to the corporate guidelines;
- Coordinate the preparation of all JP reports according to timelines and other specifics as per MPTF agreement;
- Coordinate inputs to reports (data, information) from JP teams ensuring that the inputs are prepared in compliance with the appropriate formats, standards and that the inputs correspond to the requirements of MPTF Results-monitoring system;
- Systematically work towards improvement of the quality of results reporting by soliciting feedback from RCO ;
- Take notes at the JP inter-agency meetings and compile and draft reports;
- Compile and draft ad hoc reports, analysis, presentations and summaries on various aspects of project implementation, including for the meetings and donor briefings;
- Participate in M&E Working Group;
- Prepare and update project information materials such as a JP Fact Sheet/ summary and project website and social media sites in coordination with Communications Teams (if applicable); and
- Ensure report coordination and overall implementation progress to the JP Coordination Team on a monthly basis.
Contributes inputs into development of strategies, proposals, project documents and concept notes related to resource mobilization and partnerships building focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of partnership needs and opportunities working in collaboration with other UN Agencies, implementing partners and government counterparts;
- Outreach through meeting and other activities to private sector, IFIs, I/NGOs, government and other potential partners; and
- Contribute to the development of concept notes working with JP team to demonstrate sectors and areas for joint programming, coordination, resource mobilization and implementation of shared objectives.
Supports development of new ways of doing business when communicating including innovation and advocacy, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Supports development of a communications and outreach strategy, in close cooperation with the JP Communications teams, based on new way doing business, and strategic priorities;
- Facilitates analysis and actions to integrate innovation and advocacy into communication day to day activities;
- Maintains increased coverage and understanding of the JP’s work through development of media stories;
- Supports inception, development and organization of roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launches, etc;
- Supports forging of a “One UN” image through publicizing the significance of local UN reform efforts, joint programmes, common services. Organization and implementation of joint UN information campaigns as relevant;
Facilitate knowledge building and sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide/facilitate to provide JP communication products to the JP Communication teams;
- Establish and manage mechanisms for exchange of information, experience and lessons learned at the local and state levels;
- Ensure regular communication, organization, knowledge management and consultation with relevant partners: the donor, the UN agencies etc.;
- Ensure wide dissemination and visibility of JP achievements in close cooperation with the other project team and communications;
- Act as the secretariat in supporting the convening of JP coordination meetings and ensure follow-up on decisions and recommendations.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Master’s degree in Gender, Economics, Business Administration, Social Sciences, International Relations, or related field
Required experience: 60 Months
- At least 5 years of relevant development experience in programme and project management, monitoring and evaluation, social research
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Development programme management, Monitoring and evaluation, Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination
Area of expertise details:
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively advancing experience in project-level design, implementation, planning, monitoring and results management in international organisations;
- Demonstrated experience in Economic Development in particular Women Economic Empowerment.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and private sector.
- Demonstrable training/experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection methodologies is an asset;
- Experience in working at the country level and in post-conflict environments.
- Experience in the Myanmar is an asset;
- Experience managing donor relations and reporting;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, demonstrated report writing skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Experience working in multi-cultural teams in a requirement;
- Computer literacy – MS office applications, web-based management information systems.
- Prior experience of development work in South-East Asia and/or countries in transition would be an asset
- Knowledge of the SDGs, innovation, creation of multi-stakeholder platforms including with the private sector and their application at the national and sub national levels.
Driving license: No