Coordinator Administration and Accounting Field
MSF - Holland, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Closing Date for Applications:
Field operations of MSF Operational Center Amsterdam has been growing in the last years not only in terms of budget, but also in terms of activities and complexity. To strengthen the administration and accounting for the field, the General Administrator Field and the two Assistant Administrators who are currently part of the Field Finance unit will form a new unit. To coordinate, manage and develop this unit, we have created the new position Coordinator Administration and Accounting Field.
The Coordinator Administration and Accounting Field will hierarchically report to the HoD Finance who is a member of the management team of the Resource Departments. He/She will work in close cooperation with the Coordinator Field Finance, but also with the Coordinator Administration and Accounting Office, the salary administration and the Control Unit. We are looking for a candidate with high level accounting qualification and a proven management and leadership experience, who oversees the general accounting operations of our field missions.
Objective(s) of the Position
- To coordinate all accounting activities of field missions at HQ and ensure accuracy and completeness of field accounting data in accordance with the standard policies and procedures of the organization and compliance with GAAP principles .
- To manage and coach the team of General and Assistant Administrators Field on high level accounting functions, develop and implement improvements of accounting processes and set-up of the unit.
- To strengthen the overall field accounting functions, improve the integrity of the field accounting framework and support missions to achieve better quality of their accounting data as well as follow-up on audit recommendations.
- To support and implement required changes in the accounting set-up in line with new software currently implemented in the organization, like UniField (Field accounting and logistics software), Magnum (new ERP system at HQ) and the introduction of stock valuation and fixed asset accounting in the field.
- Functionally and hierarchically manage the Field Administration and Accounting unit staffs under his/her responsibility.
- Ensure field accounting documents received at HQ are properly archived, and checked on a regular basis for quality and completeness. This refers to accounting data and documents, and not budget follow up and donor reports, which are handled by the Field Finance Unit separately.
- Support and provide missions with appropriate tools, procedures, and checklists to improve their own accounting checks on project bookkeeping at mission level.
- Ensure recurrent findings from internal and external audits related to field bookkeeping are identified, followed up and improvement plans implemented.
- Ensure field accounting documentation are timely prepared and organized for internal and external auditors.
- Prepare regular and annual financial reports and analysis on field accounting as per the agreed protocols
- Propose and implement improvements in the Administration and Accounting Field unit, including staffing, roles and responsibilities, and adjustment of work processes and functions.
- Ensure integrity of the field accounting framework with the new changes introduced at HQ and field level (UniField, Magnum, fixed asset management, and field stock valuation project) and work on the required updates on procedures and tools together with the Finance Process Officer Field.
- Ensure accounting and bookkeeping related modules are well prepared and facilitated in OCA internal trainings like the FCC, FFMC, and other relevant Finance modules.
- Higher qualification in accounting
- At least three years working experience in a senior accounting position
- Proven experience in line managing people and managing teams
- Active knowledge of accounting regulations, systems and practices
- Experience with ERP systems
- MSF experience would be an asset
- Competencies: Leadership, problem analysis, decisiveness, organisational sensitivity, self organization, behavioural flexibility, good oral and written communication skills