Full-time 12-months grant funded position, with the possibility of transitioning to a longer term
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Location: This position will be based in the Philippines and work out of the GCCM-Pilipinas office in Quezon City.
The Global Catholic Climate Movement (GCCM) is an international network of Catholic individuals and organizations responding to the Pope’s Laudato Si’ call for climate justice.
We are looking to hire a passionate climate activist to help coordinate GCCM initiatives throughout Asia-Pacific, and primarily with our GCCM-Pilipinas chapter, and activate the over 100 million Catholics in the region. Reporting to the Organizing Director, and in close coordination with the GCCM-Pilipinas team, this coordinator will be responsible for communicating GCCM initiatives through digital channels, engaging Catholic institutions and grassroots leaders to participate in GCCM global campaigns, mobilizing GCCM volunteers for offline campaigns such as the Laudato Si’ Animators program, and assisting in the set-up and communication with GCCM chapters. This position will also provide overall support to the Laudato Si’ Animators and global volunteers programs.
Digital Support for GCCM-Pilipinas (25% of time):
- Lead GCCM’s email marketing program in Tagalog
- Coordinate with GCCM-Pilipinas staff to develop and promote Filipino-specific online petitions
- Manage Tagalog version of GCCM website; write, update, and recruit new content
- Support GCCM-Pilipinas social media channels
- Support GCCM-Pilipinas in other initiatives that might arise.
Support for Global Organizing Team (35% of time):
- Coordinate online outreach and communication with Laudato Si’ Animators
- Maintain current database of GCCM Animators, chapter leaders and volunteers
- Coordinate continuing education program for English language Animators program
- Assist in creating and maintaining a resource database for Animators and chapters globally
- Work with Organizing Director to develop and implement one-on-one outreach plan to volunteers, chapter leaders and Animators -around specific high-profile events
Other tasks as needed
Campaign Coordination throughout Asia-Pacific region (40% of time):
- Develop an outreach strategy to engage Catholic institutions and grassroots leaders throughout Asia-Pacific to participate in ---GCCM global campaigns
- Coordinate communication, including e-mails and regular phone calls, with member organizations and chapters in the region
- Research and partner with new social media channels from the region to promote GCCM and GCCM-Pilipinas content
- Advertise and manage Laudato Si’ Animators program in the region
- Develop and manage GCCM-chapters in the region
- Recruit and oversee institutions and volunteers around specific GCCM events
- Work closely with the Organizing Team to implement GCCM campaigns
- Coordinate the collection and encoding/uploading of offline Laudato Si’ Pledges
- Track progress related to current outreach and campaign plans
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required or preferred
- Experience with social media tools and campaigning
- Passionate about bringing a Catholic voice into climate justice advocacy, preferably familiar with the Pope’s Laudato Si encyclical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Tagalog, with ability to tailor messaging to Catholic audiences and work across multi-cultural settings
- Experience working with different partners or in a coalition
- Highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality
- Attention to detail (incl. spelling, grammar, internal consistency)
- Reliability; ability to self direct and take initiative
- Adaptable, flexible and can work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, Google Apps Suite, with the ability to learn new applications and programs quickly
- Willingness to be available non-traditional hours as needed to support program needs
- Able to travel up to 15% of the time.
How to apply
Send the following documents to email@example.com:
- CV, and
- cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in the role.
Put Applicant: Campaigns Coordinator, Asia-Pacific” in the subject line.