The Global Human Resources division of Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking a Coordinator to provide administrative support to our Benefits and Data team. This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week and will preferably be based in New York or Washington, DC, but other locations in which HRW has an office may be considered. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Benefits and Data based in New York.
Due to COVID-19, many of our global offices are currently closed or operating in reduced capacities. The successful candidate may be required to work remotely initially or if local requirements mandate it. We recognize that this moment, during the pandemic, is a uniquely difficult time for most people, particularly those with caregiving responsibilities, and we aim to be as flexible and supportive as possible in both the recruitment for and onboarding of this position.
- Create, maintain and update employee records in the Human Resources Management System (“HRMS”), electronic personnel record system and other relevant systems, ensuring that all employee data for the full employee life cycle (including, but not limited to new hires, schedule changes, promotions, salary adjustments, extensions, relocations, additional allowances, terminations, etc.) are entered, maintained and saved accurately;
- Assist with the online Human Resources helpdesk and respond promptly to frequently asked questions including responding to general staff queries on benefits, providing employment verification for staff, as requested, and assisting staff in resolving insurance issues, liaising with insurance carriers and third-party administrators on claims and complex insurance issues, as needed;
- Audit, track, and pay monthly invoices and bills, including global health benefits and employee insurance reimbursements;
- Process insurance new enrollments and changes requested by staff related to life events, unpaid leaves, FMLA, STD & LTD requests;
- Assist with the harassment prevention training process by sending requests and tracking completions for new staff upon hire as well as annually for the organization;
- Update and track onboarding materials for new staff; including logging introductory periods for employees, insurance materials, policies, and employee handbook acknowledgments and other paperwork in our electronic filing system;
- Assist the Senior Manager with extracting data from one or more sources in order to provide effective reporting;
- Assist with the coordination of divisional meetings and other organization-wide events and processes including annual Open Enrollment and other ad hoc events;
- Assist with monthly payroll activities;
- Assist the HR team on special projects; and
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field or equivalent work experience is required.
Experience: A minimum of two years of relevant work experience is required. Experience in an international setting and strong administrative coordination skills are strongly preferred.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills are required.
- Strong computer knowledge including Windows, MS Office applications (particularly Excel), Adobe Acrobat Professional, HR Management Systems (HRMS), and the ability to quickly acquire new computer skills is required. Experience using UltiPro (Ultimate Software) or UKG is highly desirable.
- Ability to derive information from a database and present it in a clear and logical manner is required.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize tasks with minimum supervision while maintaining accuracy and a strong attention to detail is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all level of staff within the organization are required.
- Excellent client service and support skills are required.
- Strong generalist understanding of HR processes and data, including knowledge of US benefit plans and experience working with and explaining Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs) is desirable.
- Good judgment, analytical skills, ability to solve problems creatively, and ability to maintain confidentiality are required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English are required; proficiency in another language is desirable.
- Previous experience working as a HRIS Assistant is highly desirable, specifically regarding data management, analysis and reporting.
- Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
- Commitment to and experience working with staff, vendors, and partners in a positive, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive team environment is required.