Dans le cadre de la mise en œuvre de ses activités au Niger, le Conseil Norvégien pour les Refugies (NRC) est à la recherche de candidatures pour un poste d’Officier Education basé à Maradi.OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
One of the main objectives of the WHO Framework for Action for Strengthening Health Systems is to promote a common understanding of what constitutes a health system and what constitutes health system strengthening. It is also a basis for assisting countries in the development of their health systems and services, including addressing bottlenecks in a coordinated and coordinated way, motivated by the desire for health outcomes, in order to produce a sustainable impact throughout the system. For this process to be as effective as possible, it must be country driven, according to the priorities set out in the National Health Plans.
RATIONALE OF THE POSITION
At the country level, the incumbent will support the development of resilient health systems based on primary health care and universal health coverage. Its remit includes: strengthening health systems, including financial protection and the governance of social and human rights; the organization of integrated health services centered on the person throughout life; improving the supply of pharmaceutical and medical products; Strengthening the workforce, skills and competences in the field of health
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNED TASKS
- Provide technical advice and support for the development and implementation of sound national health policies, programs and plans.
- Advise and collaborate on the development, implementation and evaluation of technical cooperation programs on governance, health policies and systems, health services organization and management in support of universal health coverage.
- Support high-level advocacy for increased investment and multisectoral action for health.
- Support the establishment of standards for the design, organization, programming and operation of health systems based on primary health care, universal health coverage, integrated health networks and pharmaceutical services, including hospitals , integrated management of reproductive health, maternal, newborn and child health, infrastructure and public health services.
- Provide technical assistance to Member States in the design of a package of essential health services, taking into account social and cultural factors for rational use of services and easy access to services.
- Ensure continuity of care in emergencies, especially for people with chronic conditions, pregnant women, children under five, people with disabilities, among others, and take steps to strengthen the channels referral.
- Contribute to identifying and addressing health inequities and inclusion of vulnerable groups to ensure equitable access to quality health services.
- Contribute to the development, planning and training of human resources in the field of health in order to increase the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of the workforce, to organize, conduct or facilitate capacity building activities.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of technical activities related to quality of care and health service infrastructure (nursing, pharmacy, laboratories, drugs, vaccines, medical diagnostics and therapeutic devices, health information systems including statistics and vital medical records) and priority programs according to the needs of the affected populations.
- Disseminate updated knowledge and results in the different fields of specialization; provide advice on the introduction and transfer of experiences and technologies through capacity building processes.
- Contribute to the establishment and consolidation of the health information system to facilitate decision-making; provide information on the health situation and the effective and efficient management of health services.
- Collaborate with members of the internal team, national authorities, international cooperation agencies, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations and other relevant stakeholders to build partnerships and networks that promote access for affected populations to quality primary care services.
- Lead and mentor the health systems team, ensuring that activities are carried out in a professional and timely manner, as needed.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to him by his supervisor.
- Essential : Graduate degree (Master's degree or above) in public health, systems administration or health services, health administration or a related field, issued by a credible and recognized institution.
- Desirable : F raining postgraduate policy analysis
- Essential : Have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, gained progressively in a national or international organization, in areas related to the development, planning and management of health policies, recovery and development of health systems, provision of health services in emergencies, extension of health services to populations and underserved areas, and development of strategies to overcome barriers that hinder access to these services, including essential drugs.
- Desirable : To have prior field experience in the humanitarian field, gained by working with WHO, other United Nations agencies, health sector partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or an international non-governmental organization specialized in the field of health. interventions in disaster or health emergency situations.
Functional skills :
- Solid knowledge of public administration reforms.
- Proven ability to develop policies, plan and monitor and evaluate health systems.
- Proven ability to provide strong methodological and technical guidance and guidance to multiple stakeholders and partners on health sector and public administration reform.
- Proven ability to innovate, integrate, synthesize and communicate complex concepts and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Ability to track and communicate progress in processes and results achieved
Create a favorable and motivating environment
- Respect and promote individual and cultural differences
- Ensure the efficient use of resources
- Foster integration and teamwork
- Communicate effectively
- Essential : Excellent knowledge of French for French-speaking countries.
- Excellent knowledge of Portuguese for Portuguese-speaking countries.
- Desirable : The practical knowledge of English would be an asset