Coordinator for the UN Joint Girls Education Programme
World Food Programme(WFP), Lilongwe, Malawi
Closing Date for Applications:
A Project Coordinator will be hired with the main responsibility of managing the project and heading the Technical Working Group from the three Agencies and acting as Secretariat to the Project Steering Committee. The descriptions of roles and responsibilities within the Joint Programme is provided below:
- Steering Committee: A Steering Committee consisting of Heads of the three Implementing Agencies (UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA), the Principle Secretaries for Education, Agriculture, Youth and Gender. The Principle Secretary for Education is the Chair of the Steering Committee. The Project Coordinator shall serve as Secretariat to the Steering Committee. The Norwegian Embassy is not part of the Steering Committee, however they will attend as observers during the Steering Committee meetings.
- Technical Working Group: A technical working group, headed by the Project Coordinator shall be convened and will be responsible for monitoring project progress, overseeing programme implementation, coordinating project activities, and assuring achievement of project outcomes. They will meet monthly in the first phase and bi-monthly in the second phase onwards. Decision making points from this group will be taking to the Steering Committee.
- At sub-national level: this Project shall be overseen through existing leadership and coordination mechanisms. As such the District Commissioners with the support of the District Planning and Development Officers in Dedza Mangochi and Salima respectively shall provide leadership over these projects. Day to day coordination is overseen by District Project Coordinators. Implementation shall happen through the District Education Officers who shall convene participating sectors including WFP Field Monitors, District School Health and Nutrition Coordinators, District Social Welfare, civil society members and provide feedback to the District Executive Committee.
- The Project Coordinator will be sitting in WFP Malawi Country Office. The overall purpose of this position is to provide guidance, coordination, high level oversight, technical assistance, capacity development and quality assurance of the joint UN Project on Girls Education in support of the Government of Malawi.
- An advanced degree in one or more of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Education, Development Studies, Economics or a Social Sciences fields relevant to international development assistance.
- Five to seven years of progressively professional work experience at national and international levels in field programmes relevant to Education programmes and Food Security.
- Experience with one or more of the three implementing UN agencies (WFP, UNFPA, and UNICEF) is an asset.
- Experience in policy formulation and support is an asset.
- Experience in operational management and implementation of school feeding programmes and other education interventions is an asset.
- Experience in managing and coordinating joint UN programmes with WFP, UNICEF, and UNFPA is an asset.
- Experience in managing community led processes is an asset.
- Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/16-0021630
- Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- NOTE: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
- Deadline for applications: 14 July 2016