UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, dedication:
UNICEF wants to make sure that all children in Brazil can enjoy their rights, particularly those who have been excluded from the country's progress and those who grow up in especially vulnerable circumstances. To achieve its goals, UNICEF works both at national level to influence policies and programmes for children as well as in the regions where most of the disadvantaged children live. One of our goals is to guarantee to all children and adolescents access to quality health; the sexual and reproductive rights of adolescents and young people; and the full development of children in early childhood.
Current job organizational context:
The Corporate Partnerships team has ambitious fundraising targets and outcomes to be reached based on market potential and results from 2018. Our aim and vision is to develop, manage and enhance the fundraising potential of working with businesses in Brazil.
After review, there is need to continue resourcing our small team to help us fulfil this potential. The Corporate Alliances Officer will manage a mixed portfolio of partnerships, helping us to maximize income from existing partnerships. This will be done through excellent relationship management, liaising with relevant internal and external stakeholders, identifying opportunities for diversifying income streams and seizing opportunities to ensure UNICEF is the leading organization partnering with companies and other identified donors.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Corporate Partnership Specialist, the incumbent will undertake corporate fundraising tasks such as: work with the Head of Corporate Partnerships to drive income growth through both new and existing partnerships; Manage a mixed portfolio of partnerships ensuring they reach and surpass the expected fundraising targets; Support the corporate partnerships team in delivering events, networking and fundraising events as required; Promote children`s rights and the link between UNICEF programme and the Sustainable Development Goals` agenda in business community events ensuring UNICEF visibility within this segment and opening opportunities to establish new alliances
Join our team to be responsible for:
Account Management - Deliver a programme of excellent cultivation and stewardship:
- Provide excellent relationship and account management to existing partnerships leading to renewals and growth;
- Devise account management plans based on thorough research and corporate fundraising expertise to deliver realistic income and expenditure targets, internal communications and a calendar of staff activities;
- Monitor, evaluate the success and identify the key learning from each partnership and specific fundraising activities to maximize the impact of fundraising over the course of the partnership;
- Build strong, professional relationships with the partner organizations CSR teams and various other areas of the business;
- Network and develop relationships throughout the corporate partner at all levels, drawing in senior stakeholders;
- To undertake specific fundraising projects and activities as required. The post-holder will be expected, with support from their manager, to work autonomously on specific projects that benefit the wider team.
Partnership Retention and Development:
- Take ownership of having in place an up-to-date account plan for each corporate partner, proactively identifying opportunities for growth within each partnership;
- Develop and maintain employee engagement tools to nurture long term relationships and increase awareness of UNICEF;
- Working with UNICEF internal systems e.g. Sales Force as an account management and development tool and maintain up-to-date records;
- Use exceptional cross-team working skills to maximize organizational opportunities partnerships present; working closely with teams including New Business Development, the wider fundraising directorate (PFP), Communications, Programmes, Operations teams etc.;
- Provide first-class stewardship of past partners, maintaining positive relationships and seeking further support for the charity.
Planning and Delivery:
- Take the lead role in planning, developing and implementing a comprehensive fundraising, communication and employee engagement strategy for each partnership, ensuring buy-in from all members of the Corporate Partnerships Team and other internal stakeholders before activities begin;
- Assist with the organization of events connected with the Corporate Partnerships fundraising team, and with practical tasks for other departmental events, as required;
- Lead or assist with the creation of innovative fundraising initiatives, using a range of fundraising techniques.
Responsibilities for all corporate fundraising team:
- To update databases and information systems on a regular basis in line UNICEF policy and procedures to ensure all records are up-to-date and accurate;
- To actively participate in regular department and team meetings, contributing to discussions and decisions, which in the long term will be beneficial to the UNICEF`s development of fundraising activities;
- To take personal responsibility for keeping up to date with UNICEF work, including securing updates on project and service developments and general UNICEF news.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- University Degree preferably in Business Administration, International Relations, Economics or Marketing is desirable.
- A minimum of one year of progressively responsible administrative, account management or relationship management work experience is required. Experience of working in a new business/acquisition background will be an advantage.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English is required. knowledge of Spanish may be an asset.