Counter IED Specialist
UNOPS, Bamako, Mali
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the supervision of the Project Manager for UNMAS support to MINUSMA the CIED Analyst will act as the knowledge-management focal point for the project. He/she will be responsible for the following functions:
- Liaison between UNMAS HQ, specific programmes and key stakeholders in country;
- Collation, verification, processing and organization of raw IED-related data, including evaluating the reliability of sources and credibility of information;
- Analysis of situations and entities of operational, or tactical importance, and, with appropriate statements of probability, the future actions in those situations and by those entities;
- Identifying current trends, and potential hot spots;
- Production of threat assessments based on known data,
- Development and implementation of local technical solutions, identifying shortfalls, and time frames for prevention and mitigation measures;
- Liaison with appropriate in-country agencies to facilitate information sharing;
- Provide briefings and presentations of analytical findings and conclusions;
- Continually assessing the operational situation for areas of improvement in efficiency, effectiveness and safety within the local C-IED threat;
- Document plans and processes;
- Identify continuous improvements and lessons learned;
- Identify risks and plan risk mitigation strategies and report on the progress of deployment activities in writing and orally to UNMAS HQ NY;
- Review and promulgate all IED and WIT reports;
- Review and promulgate all UNMAS produced CIED related documentation to include weekly/monthly statistics, presentations and reports;
- Maintain master CIED hard drive database;
- Implement any other tasks requested by the Project Manager.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Advanced University Degree (Masters Degree or equivalent) in related field relevant to C-IED Analysis with five (5) years of experience; or First Level University Degree (Bachelors Degree or equivalent) in related field relevant to C-IED Analysis with seven (7) years of experience; or Military Experience (or relevant Police Experience) at the Senior NCO (Non-Commissioned Officer) or Officer level (or equivalent) with a minimum of 11 years of relevant experience.
- Professional certificate in EOD and Weapons Intelligence Team Course desired.
- Professional certification in intelligence or threat analysis for example Security Analysis Practice and Process (SAPP) or national military intelligence certification is desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in performing information analysis for the purpose of producing situational reports and/ or threat analysis reports.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of C-IED.
- Fluency in both French and English is required.