Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
- At MDF, our teams work with businesses, associations and governments in Asia Pacific to help farmers and workers thrive. We use a market systems (MSD) approach to achieve long-term, lasting growth and create sustainable jobs for poor women and men.
- Women's Economic Empowerment (WEE) is central to our work on the ground, and our teams in Fiji, Timor-Leste, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka and Pakistan are dedicated to ensuring that our activities benefit women and girls. MDF is funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT). It is implemented by Palladium in partnership with Swisscontact.
- In Fiji, MDF focuses on developing a growing, diversified and inclusive tourism industry, while also improving the competitiveness of Fiji's high value agriculture and urban industries.
- The Role
- The purpose of the Country Accountant is to deliver sound and compliant accounting practices and financial reporting with the Country Team. While the Country Accountant coordinates work on a day-to-day basis with the Country Director, to whom s/he reports, s/he also works in close collaboration with the facility wide Finance Manager.
The role is responsible for the following:
- Supporting preparation of the annual budgets for the country program
- providing weekly accounting data and reports
- Maintaining diligent financial oversight of day-to-day activities in country
- Overseeing tax processes
- Maintaining records of Intervention Agreements entered into in country and payments made under these Agreements
- Maintaining comprehensive Facility financial files ensuring all records are compliant with legal and donor agency requirements.
- For complete Terms of Reference (TOR) please click here.
- The successful applicant will be degree qualified in accounting with experience in financial management of projects, preferably international development organisations or donors. MDF is seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic candidates with demonstrated knowledge of financial concepts, taxation laws and financial regulations in Fiji, and demonstrated ability to work with multiple accounting tools for financial monitoring and analysis.
- Applications should include a response to the position requirements. To apply for this unique opportunity please submit your CV and brief cover letter (no more than one page) outlining your suitability for the role.
- This position is open to Fiji nationals and permanent residents with authority to live and work in Fiji. MDF offers market competitive rates based on local labour standards.