Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Country Coordinator will work alongside the Country Manager to support the in-country scholarships processes, reporting to the Deputy Team Leader – Scholarships. The position will provide administrative and logistical support to the Country Manager. The Coordinator will support the scholarships promotional activities across the country, support organisation and logistical arrangements for the selection process and pre-departure briefings, and support the mobilisation of students. Under the guidance of the Country Manager, and when requested, they will also liaise with other national stakeholders, as required.
In addition, the Coordinator will support communication with scholarship recipients’ parents, including the maintenance of communication between scholarship students and their parents while the students are away in Australia, in coordination with education providers.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Program Commencement, Scholarship Promotion, Applications and Selection
- Pre-departure and Mobilisation of Scholarship Recipients
- Maintain accessible systems to communicate with parents while their child is in Australia in line with Individual Communication Plans and in support of activities undertaken by education providers, including providing support for parents and advising on their child’s education and welfare.
- An education background or experience in working in the education sector. Specific education experience, such as teaching or working in a Ministry or Department of Education, is desirable.
- Experience working on an education scholarships program is desirable.
- A good understanding of the country’s education system.
- Excellent process management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Strong administrative, organisational and logistics management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with all ages and strong written and oral communications skills.
- Sound experience managing or implementing programs, particularly development or education programs.
- Be a national from the country of work.