Country Director – India
Christian Children's Fund of Canada (CCFC) creates a future of hope for children, families, and communities by helping them develop the skills and resources to overcome poverty and pursue justice. CCFC’s commitment is to improve the quality of life of children and youth, building stronger and more resilient communities by providing resources to ensure sustainability. For more information about CCFC, visit our website at: www.ccfcanada.ca
We are growing our offices and as such, we now have a vacancy for a Country Director in our India office. The Country Director (CD) is CCFC’s senior representative within the country of operation and is responsible for overall leadership and ensuring the success of our work in India. The CD reports to the Chief International Programs Officer who is headquartered in Chennai, India. Our program area is TamilNadu and Andhra Pradesh.
Lead the new business model for India aligned to the vision of the organization.
Key results for this role include:
- Provides strategic leadership to advance the mission of CCFC and our three-year strategy.
- Promotes external relations to build our in-country identity, brand and capability in line with our strategy.
- Builds results based programmes that informs policy discourse and policy development, builds collaborative relationships with key government, international and national NGO leaders, donors, research institutions and private sector organizations
- Provides direction and support to CCFC partners, holding them accountable for timely deliverables and conscientious use of resources.
- Attracts, nurtures and retains a CO team that collaboratively contributes to CCFC’s mission.
- Ensures the financial integrity and viability of the Country Office.
- Builds networks in the country of operation to enhance CCFC’s brand credibility with stakeholders in international development, children and community leaders, , business community, government, and other not-for-profit and for-profit organizations.
- Leads issues-based programming that seeks to significantly promote the quality of life of children and youth living in empowered communities. This includes working with partner organizations and critical stakeholders and collaborators
- Advances our new business development strategy by building innovative relationships with potential funding organizations within the private sector, and developing or participating in appropriate networks, coalitions and consortia.
- Requirements /Qualifications:
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant, related field.
- Minimum 20 years’ experience in the development sector, with five of those years in a senior leadership role with people management responsibilities.
- Experience in one or more of CCFC’s key sectors: sustainable livelihood development, education, health and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, strengthening institutional and community organizations. Also experience in managing complex programmes and multi-location projects.
- Proven ability to secure and manage institutional grants, develop strategic and operational plans and related budgets, and to translate strategy into measurable, achievable tactics.
- Ability to lead a diverse team to achieve organizational objectives and navigate change. Decision-making and conflict management abilities.
- Working knowledge of group facilitation, training, capacity-building, community mobilization and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to analyze, integrate and use financial data to accurately identify and diagnose key issues and develop strategies and risk mitigation plans.
- Commitment to achieving results; knowledge management, deadline driven, proactive and self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking, networking and presentation skills.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English and applicable local language(s).
- Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet; MS Project is an asset.
- Knowledge of key social, political and economic issues of the country, promoting gender equality and social inclusion in every aspect of the organization. . .
- Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to CCFC’s Vision, Mission and Values.
How To Apply: If you have the passion, expertise and desire to lead our country office in India to achieve our vision of social impact, please
submit: (1) cover letter, (2) current resume, (3) salary expectations
through the careers and opportunities section of our website: