Children of the Nations Sierra Leone (COTN-SL) is a national Christian non-governmental organization operating in the Upper Banta Chiefdom, Moyamba District with its headquarter office in Marjay Town, Freetown. The vision of COTN-SL is raising children who transform nations. The Management of COTN-SL is seeking to recruit a Country Director who is a committed Christian and has a continuous passion and calling to work with orphaned and destitute children in the following capacity:
JOB TITLE: Country Director
LOCATION: Children’s Home, Ngolala, Upper Banta Chiefdom
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Chairman, National Board of Directors
TYPE OF STAFF: Full Time
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Key Responsibility: The Country Director of Children of the Nations Sierra Leone, is the Chief Executive Officer of the ministry responsible to provide servant-leadership for the organization’s consistent achievement of its vision, mission, core values, philosophical and financial objectives.
In programme development and administration, to:
- Ensure that the organization has a long-range strategy for achieving its mission, towards which it makes consistent and timely progress
- Provide leadership in developing programme, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with international, national and local regulations
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
- Ensure that Children of the Nations International (COTNI) standard of services; and Children of the Nations Sierra Leone, and other national standard operating procedures are met.
- Facilitate the development of the annual operational plan and the writing of all essential reports such monthly, quarterly, financial and annual reports.
In community building, to:
- Publicize the activities of the organization and its programmes and goals
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations
- Represent the programme and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, government line ministries, agencies and departments and the general public
In relationships, to:
- See that the Board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place
- See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession is in place
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist programme staff in relating their specialized work to the total programme of the organization
- Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top-quality people
- Maintain and or facilitate effective communication with COTNI and other like-minded ministries
- Establish, coordinate, collaborate and maintain good relationship government Line ministries, departments and agencies; and like-minded ministries and organizations
In resource development, to:
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial and other resource practices.
- Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the Board in preparing a budget, see that the organization operates within budget guidelines, and provides timely financial reports to the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available from diversified funding sources to permit the organization to carry out its work
- Jointly with Chairperson and Secretary of the National Board of Directors, conduct official correspondences of the organization, and jointly with designated officers, execute legal documents.
- Ensure good stewardship of the resources put at the disposal of the ministry to achieve its goals.
- Minimum qualification of Master’s degree in Development Studies, Administration or other Social Sciences with at least 2 years working experience with the community and voluntary sector.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft office packages especially word, excel and power point.
- Experience in providing training/facilitation is desirable.
- High level of professionalism, innovation, energy, creativity and flexibility
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should apply by sending in a letter of application with a most recent copy of their Curriculum Vitae (CV) plus two letters of recommendation (one of which should be from your current Pastor) to:
National Board of Directors
Children of the Nations - Sierra Leone
You can drop your application in any of the following addresses:
Children of The Nations Sierra Leone Children's Home, Ngolala Community, Upper Banta Chiefdom or
Bethel World Outreach Ministries International, 156 Circular Road, Freetown. or
2 Tumoe Drive, Marjay Town, Western Area Rural District
Please write on the envelope, Application for Country Director
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
All applications should reach any of the above addresses on or before Wednesday 24th July, 2018 5 pm prompt.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for both written and oral interviews. Successful candidate should be ready to start work on the 1st August, 2018.
FEMALES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY