Human Appeal, Mogadishu, Somalia
Closing Date for Applications:
In partnership with local organisations, we’ve worked in Somalia for several years. In response to the ever increasing need we set up a country office in Mogadishu in 2016, enabling us to carry out timely responses to humanitarian crisis. We are also looking to strengthen our track record in delivering long-term development programmes.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English, Arabic and knowledge of Somali an added advantage
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible INGO work experience, including at least 3 years in a leadership role at Country Director or Head of Missions level
- Experience of building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organisation
- Proven leadership and management experience with a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting, including active mentoring and coaching
- Proven experience delivering appropriate levels of oversight of a portfolio consisting of a variety of complex, high-value donor-funded projects Strong understanding of programmatic themes, in particular emergency relief, food security and livelihoods and WASH.
- Demonstrable understanding of the humanitarian-development Nexus
- Extensive representation and fundraising success, including prior experience with UN, European, US and international donors
- Experience of managing security in a complex and rapidly changing security context
- Proven ability to negotiate and work with partner organisations. Experience with organisational capacity strengthening and partnership building helpful
- Strong budget and fiscal oversight capacities
- Ability to respond to multiple priorities in a timely manner, producing high-quality outcomes
- A keen understanding of political complexities in the Horn of Africa
- Ability to work and live in a sometimes-insecure environment while maintaining a positive attitude NB: Expat only as we cannot accept applications from local residents of Somalia
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Country Director, Director of Programmes or Head of Missions to expand their portfolio of experience by leading a rapidly expanding operation with an impressive record of success and enviable international reputation! We will offer up to $48k with selected benefits dependent on experience.
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!